Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

After the rebellion was basically over Ned Stark and several of the rebels rode to Storm's End to lift the siege. On their way back they diverted to the Tower of Joy in the Dornish Mountains, where they found several Targaryan loyalist Kingsguard Knights. The rebels won the battle but all of them were killed except for Ned and Howland Reed. Inside the Tower Ned found his dying sister Lyanna, whose kidnapping by Rhaegar Targaryan had triggered the whole rebellion.

In the Tower before Lyanna died she made Ned make a promise, that has never been revealed.

I know that, I just didn't wanna go into details in case it constituted a spoiler :P

Is this Howland Reed still alive? I can't mind him being mentioned in the tv show

Meera and her brother mention that they were sent to Winterfell by their father when they first pledge themselves to him. It's assumed he's been staying at their Castle which is a floating island of some sort which always moves and means nobody can every take it.

I think it's almost at the stage where there are no spoilers now that the show's ahead of the books. Even Thronecast was openly discussing R+L=J this week.

How big is Dorne? What kind of size is their army? Could they cause the Lannisters (and allies) serious grief?

They were the only Kingdom that weren't conquered by the Targaryens. Only joined the seven kingdoms through a marriage alliance. Presumably the desert terrain/heat would make it difficult for armor-laden Knights to do much damage there

If tower of Joy is coming up then is big Sean Bean finally returning? by book standards its about 15 years ago is it not? So wouldn't need a younger actor.

Trailer shows a far younger actor playing him. They've nailed it too. The boy's the spitting image of Sean Bean

You'd think so. They are currently getting their arses handed to them by one old c**t and a few men.

Not entirely.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only forces loyal to the Lannisters in Kings Landing just now are the Kings Guard.  Whose numbers are probably more than matched by the Faith Militant.  My hope is that Jamie calls in the Lannister armies and we finally see the back of the old c**t and his followers.

Not entirely.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only forces loyal to the Lannisters in Kings Landing just now are the Kings Guard.  Whose numbers are probably more than matched by the Faith Militant.  My hope is that Jamie calls in the Lannister armies and we finally see the back of the old c**t and his followers.

Is it not in the best interest of the Lannisters to keep them around? Seeing as they have the Tyrells locked up at the moment

There are only 7 men in the Kings Guard (although in the show only 3 of them are ever mentioned/speak). The guys you see in the red armour are Lannister soldiers.

I'd be pretty disappointed if the plot ends with a parade of Targaryens conveniently saving the day and ruling tbh. It may well be that all the endless speculation about ancestries are correct, but it still shouldn't stop them from being bumped off. I can't see Danaerys sitting on the Iron Throne though.

Theoretically the Gold Cloaks should be loyal. Any knight from the houses of the Reach, Crownlands and Westerlands should be all for defending Margery and avenging Cersei. But on the whole anyone from the upper class has a very strong interest in nipping the Faith Militant firmly in the bud. Many of the merchant classes are likely to be having their businesses disturbed by the puritanical bent, so they together with the Crowns purse should be able to buy any sell swords around. 

The people of Kings Landing however are very firmly against the Lannisters due to the Sack of Kings Landing and the likely attachment to the Faiths message. 

Most British will think of things like Peasant Revolt, but a much bloodier affair happened in France. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquerie

Perhaps a more relevant example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

Peasant revolts tended to end very horribly for the peasants. 

Most British will think of things like Peasant Revolt, but a much bloodier affair happened in France. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquerie

Perhaps a more relevant example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

Peasant revolts tended to end very horribly for the peasants. 

Didn't read. Needs more tits and dragons.

I'd be pretty disappointed if the plot ends with a parade of Targaryens conveniently saving the day and ruling tbh. It may well be that all the endless speculation about ancestries are correct, but it still shouldn't stop them from being bumped off. I can't see Danaerys sitting on the Iron Throne though.

Aye, that would a very typical hero saves the day fantasy ending and this is a world where the heroes get shat on time after time.

Should surely reappear. Stannis borrowed a lot off them before he got his totties

Aye you'd think so. They built them up as some sort of superpower that even Tywin was afraid of so you'd hope all that build up doesn't go to waste and they kick some arse at some point.