Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

• 3 weeks later...
The Winds of Winter. The best hour of television ever. And not a lot about Jon Snow in it.

Incorrect. That honour goes to Ozymandias in Breaking Bad, the greatest episode of television ever made. Winds of Winter was class though, better then Battle of the b*****ds.

Hope The Hound and Brotherhood are featured a bit more in season 7.

Bought Season 1 in the summer to see what all the fuss was about and was pretty much sold on the first scene. Slowly made my way through seasons 2-5 and just finished season 6. Been keeping pace with this thread and avoided looking ahead and finally caught up with you all. Really enjoyed this show and can't wait for season 7.

Some particular highlights for me - 

• The Red Wedding - did not see that coming! 
  • Despicable characters like Joffrey, Ramsay and Ser Alliser finally getting bumped off.
  • Tyrion's trial and then shooting his father on the privvy.
  • The Mountain staging a late comeback to win Tyrion's trial by combat. Holy f**k.
  • Pretty much every line by The Hound and Bronn.
  • Thinking - "Hooray, it's Ian McShane" and shortly after following it with " Oh FFS!"
  • Episodes 9 & 10 of season 6 - and the music whilst Lancel crawls in vain towards the wildfire.

It was interesting having my perception and dislike of certain characters change over time (e.g. Tyrion and later Jaime). The Dany storyline was very irritating as it seemed to go round in circles for 5 seasons before finally getting her bound for Westeros - although I'm half expecting some sea storm to have them all lose their way and end up back at Essos. Sansa annoyed the hell out of me for much of the first few seasons. Arya's stint in the Faceless place almost looked to be a complete red herring, was glad to see she didn't just walk away having gained nothing from it.

Finally, kudos for whoever posted the comment about "Be honest - who wouldn't sire a smoke monster to kill their own brother just to get a shot of Melissandre". :lol: 

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 13:39, Christophe said:

Let me recommend something more gentile and predictable then...Death in Paradise has returned to Thursday nights on BBC1

They're always killing people off in that though. Clue's in the title.

• 2 weeks later...

ok now i am a book w****r having waded through all the books... and wow the tv series really is an awful adaptation of the book. They obviously have restrictions they cant bring to the screen. So many characters are completely misrepresented, and despite the tv series running ahead they have missed so many great traits to so many people. Not sure i will watch the next episodes as i would prefer to see the books from Martin first although not sure he will complete them before he dies or i do :(