Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I don't have the ideal suggestion, I'm just being an obtuse c**t. But you're never going to stop people whining about having shows spoiled for them until they learn to stay out.

Pandering to the people who can't control themselves to come on of a Monday morning and get a wee sneak-peek/sense at what's happened and then cry foul at what they see is only going to encourage more people on here before they've seen the latest episode, which in turn means more will end up having it spoiled for them. Because someone WILL end up posting something, despite the 'official rules'. 

No solution until folk learn some self-control.

I don't have the ideal suggestion, I'm just being an obtuse c**t. But you're never going to stop people whining about having shows spoiled for them until they learn to stay out.
Pandering to the people who can't control themselves to come on of a Monday morning and get a wee sneak-peek/sense at what's happened and then cry foul at what they see is only going to encourage more people on here before they've seen the latest episode, which in turn means more will end up having it spoiled for them. Because someone WILL end up posting something, despite the 'official rules'. 
No solution until folk learn some self-control.

At least you admit to being an obtuse c**t [emoji23]

I could just as easily argue, though, that it's not to much to ask people who have watched it to exercise some self control too and use spoilers. The longest it would be is from 3am to 10pm. I don't think that's unreasonable. Not everyone is in a position to be able to stay up and watch it tonight.

I've no interest in pandering to people either but, as we found out last year, there were plenty of people who didn't even realise the show was simulcast.

I've also consistently said that the only guaranteed way to avoid spoilers is to not come into the thread until you've watched the episode.

3 hours ago, Spain said:

When you're trying to be smart, you should at least try and be right. Discussions aren't fair game without spoilers because that's not the rule, moron.

Game of Thrones is available on demand straight after the premiere screening at 2am, and has been for several years now.  Now if you'd be so kind as to re-read the rules, I've even highlighted the part in bold which you may find useful.  In future when you're trying to be smart, you should at least try and be right. 

On 2016-2-28 at 20:42, Mr X said:

You DO NOT need to use spoilers if :

• it is after the UK Prime time Premier airing
  • the show is available on a UK on-demand service

Finally, the only way to guarantee you avoid spoilers is to avoid the shows thread until after you've watched the latest episode!

The final sentence says it all really.  Only a complete idiot would go onto a thread after the episode has aired, then moan about reading spoilers.

Ideally I'd like to record the whole series and binge watch it but I'll watch each episode as soon as I can then keep them to watch again later. There's always some nuance or throwaway lines you miss first time.

I agree. I'll be avoiding here anyway until I get a chance to watch it. But there's no point posting without spoilers at that time of day just for the sake of being a bit of dick. People will accidentally wander in here not thinking. I watched the simulcast last year and stuck to using spoilers, it's not a hardship.

I'll come home from work and watch at about 6pm and not use spoilers.

I'll do this because
1)It's available on demand
2)Even if it's been bloody simulcast with the USA you can put it on record, effectively making it "on demand"

Anyone getting upset about people not using spoilers after its been aired in the UK and is readily available on demand is wrong to put it simply, hopefully some idiot comes on here and starts crying about it. Get it up them.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I'll come home from work and watch at about 6pm and not use spoilers.

I'll do this because
1)It's available on demand
2)Even if it's been bloody simulcast with the USA you can put it on record, effectively making it "on demand"

Anyone getting upset about people not using spoilers after its been aired in the UK and is readily available on demand is wrong to put it simply, hopefully some idiot comes on here and starts crying about it. Get it up them.

Unless you dont know about it.

I dont think theres much point discussing this any further. We went through it all last year and the rules are pretty clear.

Unless you dont know about it.
I dont think theres much point discussing this any further. We went through it all last year and the rules are pretty clear.

Ignorance isn't that great an excuse tbh.

They are pretty clear, it's perfectly acceptable and fine to post without spoilers after the initial showing at 2am.

Ignorance isn't that great an excuse tbh.

They are pretty clear, it's perfectly acceptable and fine to post without spoilers after the initial showing at 2am.

Yes, as long as the show is then available on demand straight away. GOT has in the past, presumably it will be this season too.

If the reasoning is to wait until 10pm due to the time it's on Sky then the very same people will be able to record it at 2am, it's been made reference to multiple times itself in the last two pages, there's no chance that you could not know that information despite posting on this thread.

If you've gotten to 2017 and you haven't figured out what the big red R button is on your remote then I doubt you'll have the capability to post on an online forum either.

If the reasoning is to wait until 10pm due to the time it's on Sky then the very same people will be able to record it at 2am, it's been made reference to multiple times itself in the last two pages, there's no chance that you could not know that information despite posting on this thread.

If you've gotten to 2017 and you haven't figured out what the big red R button is on your remote then I doubt you'll have the capability to post on an online forum either.

The rules aren't just for this programme though.

Now, if it's all the same to you, I'm going to stop having the same conversation I had last year, nothing new is being added.