Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Pretty sure the Dornish and the Tyrell's are done guys. Other than perhaps a throw away line explaining their troops/people amalgamating into someone else's army I don't expect anything more significant.

Who has had any screentime from either of those houses who could come in now and lead? Everyone we know is dead or dying from those houses. It's too late in the day for them to launch a new leader-level character surely? 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think you may be giving the showrunners too much credit. I fully expect to never hear about armies from the reach or Dorne again, unfortunately.

I would never disclose any plot from the new episode. I wont watch it either as the quality probably wont be that great. A couple of my friends have watched it though and they said it's great, without giving anything away.

Im happy to wait for the next ep.

You are probably right btw, but i hope your not. 

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

They quite often just forget about a place once the main characters from it stop being involved. I mean, who are the lords / wardens of the Stormlands and the Riverlands now? The Stormlands has conveniently been forgotten about for quite some time now. Are both essentially under a "direct rule" kinda system now? Somebody must be keeping the peace in both other than just a few Lannister troops?

But I think it's just easier for them to forget about these things so we'll probably never hear of any of them again.

Got to say though, awfully short sighted of a lot of these families. Why were the Lannisters the only ones with cousins with the same name who could have continued their house? (Although they all died too).

Edit: Either that or Dany quickly flies around all these places and scares the bejesus into them and they all rally behind her.

Edited by Spain

Also why leave Olenna there, really? Under this theory it's just not necessary.  If they are circumnavigating the Lannisters and popping up elsewhere what is the need to leave Olenna as sitting duck to die? The Lannisters would have no idea if she was there or not until they take Highgarden. Come on guys, they are dead. The Lannisters didn't leave anyone significant at Casterley Rock did they? Just picked the 50 guys who'd done worst on their bi-annual performance review.

Interesting theory but I'm still saying no.

Edited by Christophe

59 minutes ago, Spain said:

They quite often just forget about a place once the main characters from it stop being involved. I mean, who are the lords / wardens of the Stormlands and the Riverlands now? The Stormlands has conveniently been forgotten about for quite some time now. Are both essentially under a "direct rule" kinda system now? Somebody must be keeping the peace in both other than just a few Lannister troops?

But I think it's just easier for them to forget about these things so we'll probably never hear of any of them again.

Got to say though, awfully short sighted of a lot of these families. Why were the Lannisters the only ones with cousins with the same name who could have continued their house? (Although they all died too).

Edit: Either that or Dany quickly flies around all these places and scares the bejesus into them and they all rally behind her.

Well Robert had Renly and Stannis to carry on Baratheon name. Both pan breed no living heirs, Cersei had all of Robert's descendants killed. 

For Riverlands Pretty sure Edmure Tully still alive no? He has Riverrun. But had to make peace with Lannisters to keep it.  

Seem that Uncle Kevan Lannister was a mad shagger and had 20 kids.

19 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Well Robert had Renly and Stannis to carry on Baratheon name. Both pan breed no living heirs, Cersei had all of Robert's descendants killed. 

For Riverlands Pretty sure Edmure Tully still alive no? He has Riverrun. But had to make peace with Lannisters to keep it.  

Seem that Uncle Kevan Lannister was a mad shagger and had 20 kids.

Yes, but surely at some point Robert, Renly & Stannis must have had cousins too? It's conveniently just not mentioned though, as if we're to forget the Stormlands even exist. Similarly, I don't remember anyone actually talking about Edmure at any point since the Frey massacre.

My point is, they seem quite happy to just forget about these things when it suits so I expect Dorne and the Tyrell parts will just be forgotten about too.

20 minutes ago, Spain said:

Yes, but surely at some point Robert, Renly & Stannis must have had cousins too? It's conveniently just not mentioned though, as if we're to forget the Stormlands even exist. Similarly, I don't remember anyone actually talking about Edmure at any point since the Frey massacre.

My point is, they seem quite happy to just forget about these things when it suits so I expect Dorne and the Tyrell parts will just be forgotten about too.

Don't worry, when the next book comes out there will be endless chapters following these peripheral characters that will ultimately go nowhere because it has no relevance to the central plot.

Edited by Forfinn

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Realistically the only remaining baratheon is Gendry but he is long forgotten about now and showed no desire in pursuing his family name. 

Best way Olenna could've fucked Cersei would be to defend Highgarden for as long as possible. Only reason it was taken was for the gold that must be stashed somewhere to help pay off the "debt" to the Iron Bank (still utterly convinced they've got a huge part to play, they've come across pretty "soft" so far and I've built up an idea of them in my head that doesn't match that)

Does anyone else feel the need to announce they've watched a leaked episode of tv? My Facebook feed is full of c***s who think they've reinvented the wheel or something.

Marvellous achievement, top effort, if only we could all be so cool!

Does anyone else feel the need to announce they've watched a leaked episode of tv? My Facebook feed is full of c***s who think they've reinvented the wheel or something.
Marvellous achievement, top effort, if only we could all be so cool!

It's heartbreaking to realise that the finale will be completely spoiled as every attention seeking c**t to ever breathe spreads the story all over social media the moment they find out what's happened.

6 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Don't worry, when the next book comes out there will be endless chapters following these peripheral characters that will ultimately go nowhere because it has no relevance to the central plot.

I'm touched by your faith that a procrastinating morbidly obese pensioner is likely to produce another book before he croaks.