Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I know there's been talk about:

R + L = J theory surely Ned would have been the only person that would know so if that theory is correct they only way it could be revealed if he survives fire Id guess? It's the only thing I can think off anyway.

Actually Brynden Tully, Edmure Tully, Gendry, Osha & Rickon. Where the f**k are they all?

In the episode after The Red Wedding it's expressed by Roose Bolton that it's concerning that Brynden escaped...Walder replies to the effect that it doesn't matter as he's alone..insinuating I suppose that Edmure is captive, that's how I read it anyway.

Edited by Christophe

On this ilk, where in the hell did Edmure Tully go? Did he just happily settle into married life despite almost his entire family being murdered at his wedding?

I think it was mentioned that during the bedding he was chucked into the dungeon.

I know there's been talk about:

R + L = J theory surely Ned would have been the only person that would know so if that theory is correct they only way it could be revealed if he survives fire Id guess? It's the only thing I can think off anyway.

Would you bet against Littlefinger knowing? He knew about Gendry too, mind.

Not started watching season 5 yet as I've only just finished season 4 but I've got a question for those who have either read the books or looked it up, it's from season 3 so don't think it needs spoilers tbh. Does Brynden "Blackfish" Tully ever reappear after escaping the red wedding? If not, what was the point in making him escape and emphasising that he had escaped? Tbh a simple yes he comes back or no he doesn't is all I'm looking for, rather than what happens.

He did, yes. To be fair though, I'm not sure they're going down that road in the tv show. Almost every arc has moved away from the books now.

He did, yes. To be fair though, I'm not sure they're going down that road in the tv show. Almost every arc has moved away from the books now.

I'll be pretty raging if he doesn't reappear because it would just be bizarre to emphasise his escape and then have nothing come of it. Didn't realise they were differing from the books so much.

Would you bet against Littlefinger knowing? He knew about Gendry too, mind.

I don't think he knows for sure but reckons that it's highly likely. He obviously doesn't believe the bullshit story that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna, and just like Stannis commented in this episode, I don't think he believes Ned would be so dishonourable as to cheat on his wife.

I'll be pretty raging if he doesn't reappear because it would just be bizarre to emphasise his escape and then have nothing come of it. Didn't realise they were differing from the books so much.

The Riverrun story is almost non-existent now - I don't think it's even been mentioned - and they've sent Jaime away to do something else. If the tv show goes downa rebellion route from Dorne, with Dany at their side, it's possible the Blackfish might re-enter the fray on their side?

I think while casting season 3 they still were trying to include as many of the main characters and storylines as possible. Now they've decided to prune it considerably and there are quite a lot of characters now in limbo and really contrived storylines to get people to different places. Ciaran Hinds as Mance could have been great if they used Mance's book storyline, they're casting for the Blackfish is great too but since they've now shuffled characters around and cut things, I'll be surprised if we see him again.

I'm liking that they're finally starting to get Stannis right this season and Jon's storyline has been massively improved but it seems like they've got a quota to f**k up a few characters each time and its really annoying. The Sand Snakes come off like something from a B action movie, and the Littlefinger Sansa stuff just makes no sense at all.

Book 5 and later stuff:

Are they just cutting Aegon/Griff? That seems like quite the big storyline to cut, since it seems like it will be Dany's big motivation to finally get her arse over to Westeros. The Greyjoys as well are a bit annoying, but thats mainly cause Victarion is so badass, but she can get a load of ships some other way. No Quentyn I'm not too fussed about but I imagine that it might make Dorne's perception of Dany in the books a lot different than in the show.

On a different note, I just read the Arya and Sansa released chapters from WoW and both were bloody fantastic, 6th book can't come quick enough

Does anyone else think the Hound is still alive? Number 1 rule in my book is you need to see the character actually die, last time we seen him he looked pretty gubbed but he was still alive.

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

Pretty poor episode I thought. This season hasn't been as good as the other ones so far. The books take a bit of a dive so am not surprised the show is too.

Never commented on last week's episode bit I thought the unsullied were supposed to be the best fighters of the land yet every time you see them they are getting slaughtered by a bunch of masked thugs.

Edited by Jack Burton

Pretty poor episode I thought. This season hasn't been as good as the other ones so far. The books take a bit of a dive so am not surprised the show is too.

Never commented on last week's episode bit I thought the unsullied were supposed to be the best fighters of the land yet every time you see them they are getting slaughtered by a bunch of masked thugs.

Aye same, not really enjoying this season tbh.