Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Why exactly was he summoned back to Kings Landing

Was he though? I remember him saying he was, but literally everything he says might be a lie. Fully expect him to be the most powerful man in Westeros come the end of the season.

Thought this episode was better, although it felt like it should've come about three weeks earlier. Dorne is completely tedious and I couldn't give a shit about anyone there, although I hope Bronn survives I'd be amazed if he did, as this poison theory sounds very plausible indeed. Im intrigued to what happens with Jorah and Tyrion now, and if they'll ever actually reach their destination, while Ayras story is picking up a bit more pace.

Have a feeling we'll see both Tyrells killed off by these creeps, against Cerseis orders, and we'll see the complete wrath of Olenna unleashed against her and the sparrows. No idea why but something about her just suggest shes far more deadly than she looks, and Cersei is simply no match for her. It would be nice to get rid of the religious weirdos though, as they annoy me.

Also (not sure exactly how to put this) sort of glad at what happened to Sansa, I know Joffrey was a dick to her, but what Ramseys done now is completely break the final barrier, mentally. She'll know likely be willing to kill to protect herself after this to prevent it ever happening again. Her story can only get better now as we can't look at her as being squeaky clean anymore. Not sure about the whole "Reek kills Ramsey" idea, theres been thousands of opportunities for it that hes turned down, and if he can watch Sansa effectively get raped and not react I can't see what will make him. Far more likely to just top himself I reckon.

Not sure this is "the final straw" etc for Sansa/Reek. That kind of thing is pretty much standard for marriage in that kind of era (yeah, I know it's not even this universe, but you know what I mean by era).

Enough to light the candle in the tower to tell Brienne she's had enough hopefully, but can't see anyone snapping because of it.

Also the press/fb furore, calm doon! Seen that kind if thing handled worse in the soaps.

Was he though? I remember him saying he was, but literally everything he says might be a lie. Fully expect him to be the most powerful man in Westeros come the end of the season.

So what you're saying is we can't trust Littlefinger? f**k, I better get rid of my mockingbird tatto then. He got a message that Cersei had summoned him from a raven did he not? I agree though, he is becoming ever more powerful, only a matter of time until he meets a sticky end I fear.

As for the Sansa scene, I must be immune to that kind of thing in this show now, as I didn't find it controversial at all in any way. In fact, it would have been a damn sight worse if they had kept it a bit more faithful to the book, not that they could have done that in this instance.

It is pretty clear though that they are building Ramsey up to be the new Joffrey. So, he'll be getting his tatties as well soon then.

Edit :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1URvDyzh8uI#t=76

I noticed when I was in New York the other week they were having Ned Nose Day now. Looks like theirs might be a bit better than ours though.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

So what you're saying is we can't trust Littlefinger? f**k, I better get rid of my mockingbird tatto then. He got a message that Cersei had summoned him from a raven did he not? I agree though, he is becoming ever more powerful, only a matter of time until he meets a sticky end I fear.

I forgot about the raven, tbh.

The Sansa rape scene doesn't seem to be going down too well in other parts of the internet. I am surprised there hasn't been a bit more chat about it on here to be honest.

As long as the scene actually plays a role in future plot lines (Baelish's reaction will be interesting), I didn't see a problem in it. Otherwise it was a bit gratuitous. Not worse than the rape scene at Crastor's pad though, that was deplorable.

The Sansa rape scene doesn't seem to be going down too well in other parts of the internet. I am surprised there hasn't been a bit more chat about it on here to be honest.

As long as the scene actually plays a role in future plot lines (Baelish's reaction will be interesting), I didn't see a problem in it. Otherwise it was a bit gratuitous. Not worse than the rape scene at Crastor's pad though, that was deplorable.

All it shows is how some people get emotionally attached to characters in a tv show.

In the first series they had a young Daenerys married off to Drogo who done the exact same thing.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem with it is, tbh. All you hear is a couple of moans.

I think the issue is that she just takes it (no pun intended). She has no agency, unlike characters like Cersei and Margaery likely would have in such a situation. She doesn't manipulate him, take control or intimidate him. She also accepts marrying him at the behest of Littlefinger. This sets her character development back turns her into a "damsel in distress" plot device for Theon's probable redemption.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the above btw - I'm waiting to see how the story pans out. But I can see where the complaints are coming from.

Fair enough. Personally I don't see it as her being helpless, I think shes just starting to accept things as part of the "game", and will eventually start to find leverage and the likes to use against people, even Ramsey. Its a different Sansa these days.

I still refuse to believe Theons going to ever redeem himself though, it just would feel pretty pointless after all this. Personally reckon it'll be Roose who kills Ramsey eventually, no idea why but it just comes across that he doesnt particularly like him.

The fact they make the rape more about theon than Sansa and also the fact the show doesn't exactly have a clean track record with frivolous sexual violence, although granted the books are similar, does leave a bit of a nasty taste imo.

But if anything the whole Dornish storyline is far more offensive simply by how awful it is.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Just started Season 5 there and all I can say for fans of the book (I've not read them but I do know this) I sincerely hope the 'Gravedigger Theory' comes to fruition as that person is well and truly my favourite character. I know they* don't feature thus far and season 5 and are unlikely to feature at all unless Martin's next book takes a twist, but it lacks something without this character I reckon.

*Signified character as 'they' to avoid spoilers.

I clearly viewed the Sansa incident differently from everyone else.

She never said no and she undressed herself. She didn't want to do it or liked it but she knew it was necessary in the long game. If anything it shows strength in her character

I think the issue is that she just takes it (no pun intended). She has no agency, unlike characters like Cersei and Margaery likely would have in such a situation. She doesn't manipulate him, take control or intimidate him. She also accepts marrying him at the behest of Littlefinger. This sets her character development back turns her into a "damsel in distress" plot device for Theon's probable redemption.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the above btw - I'm waiting to see how the story pans out. But I can see where the complaints are coming from.

Aye I'm waiting to see how they develop the character of Sansa first from this. If she goes back to being as you said a damsel in distress it's negated quite a lot of development of her as a character by producers who had Jaime rape his sister last season and argue that it wasn't.

Sure there was a infant baby killed as well, must have been pretty early on? When a brothel was raided or something. That's the only thing that has turned my stomach slightly.

They went around killing Roberts b*****ds early on didnt they?