Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Ed Sheeran looks so out of place.

It's like when Boy George was in the A Team, this shit shouldn't happen!!!

First time I've watched an episode on its broadcast date. To think that a year ago I'd never seen any of it.

Good start tonight, especially the opening scene.

This whole show has to end with Lyanna Mormont on the throne.

For studious cleverclog types, the maesters at the Citadel are proper shit at knowing who's Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. 

When Samwise Gamgee rocks up they think it's still Mormont. And now Samwise thinks it's still Jonathan Snow.

You know, she's murdering everyone who's ever crossed her
But she fell in love with a Lannister man
Kissed her on the neck and then I took her by the hand
Said, "baby, I just want to dance"
My pretty little Westeros girl
My, my, my, my, my, my, my Westeros girl

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye but there'll have been fucking more of them over the years way up in uncharted territory.

Also the Sheerin scene was fine, f**k all wrong with him or it, as said before it was bringing Arya's humility back into focus. Which was nice.

Her good side was already shown in the opening scene as Frey when she told that girl next to her not to drink the wine. Her killing of the Frey family was entirely justified imo.

And I just felt like the closing line of the scene "I'm going to kill the Queen" really could've been an epic moment but the whole scene just felt a bit misplaced and not really written very well if I'm honest.

Edited by BradHorse

I was pretty pleased with the episode as a whole but there is still a lot that the TV show has ruined that worked well in the books.

On TV purely, Ed's cameo was stupid and so out of place. The whole Sansa / Littlefinger thing is getting a bit much now but I'm generally happy about the way the show is moving now.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Thought the episode overall was great.

The Ed Sheeran cameo and his stupid gormless face was shit but I thought the whole scene was badly acted, horribly written over egged guff.

Those incidental fireside scenes are a GoT staple, and most of them are pretty clunky. Nobody complains about any of them because they're so unremarkable and unmemorable. Without roundface in it that scene would have passed without note. Hope those lads do something else though so it's wasn't just a Sheeran vehicle. We can't judge the value of that scene until we see what happens next.

Edited by Christophe