Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I thought the Sheenan scene was fine. Actually, during it I thought there was quite a bit of menace, and we didn't go back to Arya, so I am expecting an attempted gangrape. She will of course cut all their throats.

It reminded me of a book I read as a youngster - on my parents bookcase, which started with a young frenchgirl cycling past some Nazi soldiers, and being entertained to some chicken and wine (with the question as to whether she was old enough to drink). As you'll guess, they then raped her once she was a wee bit tiddly. Can't remember the name, but good book. The whole scene had the same feel - "we're really nice". And the line "my mother always told me to be nice to strangers, and they would be nice to me" was downright sinister.

9 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I thought the Sheenan scene was fine. Actually, during it I thought there was quite a bit of menace, and we didn't go back to Arya, so I am expecting an attempted gangrape. She will of course cut all their throats.

It reminded me of a book I read as a youngster - on my parents bookcase, which started with a young frenchgirl cycling past some Nazi soldiers, and being entertained to some chicken and wine (with the question as to whether she was old enough to drink). As you'll guess, they then raped her once she was a wee bit tiddly. Can't remember the name, but good book. The whole scene had the same feel - "we're really nice". And the line "my mother always told me to be nice to strangers, and they would be nice to me" was downright sinister.

tenor.gif

I know some fans may be struggling to get over Sheeran in that scene but he's not the last celeb appearance.

Unless I've been misinformed does the Notorious Connor McGregor not make a cameo at some point?

2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I know some fans may be struggling to get over Sheeran in that scene but he's not the last celeb appearance.

Unless I've been misinformed does the Notorious Connor McGregor not make a cameo at some point?

That never happened in the end. 

I quite like the of Sheeran et al. being the faceless men. 

12 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

It would have been fine without his singing and mentioning it was a new song. 

I hadn't given much thought to the song he was singing, but after reading 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/17/secret-meaning-ed-sheerans-game-thrones-character-song-sings/amp/

I'm starting to wonder if there is more to his character/the song than first thought.

No doubt it will be a red herring and amount to f**k all :lol:

Hopefully the Mountain crushes his skull?

10 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Enid Blyton's "Five go to court"

"While one wolf survives, the sheep are never safe"

Ooft! Ayras always been a character I couldn't stand, but what a way to open the season. Wasn't convinced she'd kill Cersei, but Cersei is pretty much entirely alone outwith Jamie staying with her out of pure family loyalty. If he turns she literally has nobody willing to help her, a really sticky wicket for her, that she's still too blind to understand.

Rest of the episode was purely just pieces getting put in position for the rest of the series. Jon and Daenarys now have a clear plot link with the Dragon glass being at Dragonstone (does Sam know Jon's at Winterfell? Or will he send his letter to The Wall?) so assume theyll meet fairly soon

Was a meh episode. Ed I thought did okay but wasn't over bothered about him being in it

It was a bit shite. Tbh it's not just an Ed Sheeran thing, it's just a tacky add on which took you out of the GoT world and brought it back into the real one.