Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Also, can't wait for next weeks instalment of "Jon Snow gives long, rousing, grandstanding speech" that we've had every episode of the series so far. I hope it's directed at the army of the dead and is a plea for them all to coexist in peaceful harmony, followed by The Hound calling him a sanctimonious c**t and stabbing him to death with an ice pick.

No more heroes mate

12 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Must admit, I do like the Night King character. Can't wait to hear his story. 

He gets absolutely no credit for adopting all of Craster's sons.

I know Jon's parentage hasn't been revealed in the books yet, but is there ever anything that might explain why he hasn't got the total giveaway purple eyes and silvery hair?

He gets absolutely no credit for adopting all of Craster's sons.
I know Jon's parentage hasn't been revealed in the books yet, but is there ever anything that might explain why he hasn't got the total giveaway purple eyes and silvery hair?

He looks more like his mum than his dad? Plus it would be pretty hard to hide him as Ned's b*****d.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

He looks more like his mum than his dad? Plus it would be pretty hard to hide him as Ned's b*****d.

I thought they had this weird bloodline shit going on where Baratheon + Lannister = Brown hair and assumed given Valyrian is like the master race then Targaryen + Anyone = silver hair and purple eyes. Could be wrang. 

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

The plot line from the first series book where "blond gives way to brown" that recessive genes are much less likely in the children. Cersei and Jaime are blond so their children are blond, while Robert was black headed. Gendry has black hair. 

Targaryens married close to keep the blood pure. 

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Liked the conversation between Sam and Gilly. Easy to miss the important bit if you weren't paying attention.

Yeah it was so subtle everyone so far had mentioned it.

The show is an absolute masterclass in flagging up what is going on in a way that makes the observer think they have worked it out themselves.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Yeah it was so subtle everyone so far had mentioned it.

The show is an absolute masterclass in flagging up what is going on in a way that makes the observer think they have worked it out themselves.

My brother missed it but has blamed his obliviousness on his wife nattering or something. 

Don't believe that Cersei is pregnant. Needs Jaime and knows he isn't 100% on her side, fake baby brings him back in line. If she is, I expect that she's done some batshit mental thing like got Quyburn to stick her dad's spunk in her.

Beric & Thoros to die helping capture a wight and I think that's all who die north of the wall. Can't see Gendry coming back just to die. Tormund is a maybe, saving Jon. Others have unfinished business.

As I expected, littlefinger is working his magic. He knows the girls too well not to succeed at turning them against each other. He'll come unstuck at some point, but has more puppetry to perform.

20 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Don't believe that Cersei is pregnant. Needs Jaime and knows he isn't 100% on her side, fake baby brings him back in line. If she is, I expect that she's done some batshit mental thing like got Quyburn to stick her dad's spunk in her.

Beric & Thoros to die helping capture a wight and I think that's all who die north of the wall. Can't see Gendry coming back just to die. Tormund is a maybe, saving Jon. Others have unfinished business.

As I expected, littlefinger is working his magic. He knows the girls too well not to succeed at turning them against each other. He'll come unstuck at some point, but has more puppetry to perform.

I tend to think Jorah, Beric and Thoros' are the ones who should worry. I can see Jorah doing something heroic in the act of dying and then they bring his beard back for Dany to wear a la Captain Redbeard Rum and Nursie in Blackadder.

Without Tormund you basically don't have any named wildlings for the final series (as far as I can remember).