Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he's been pretty much cockless agaisnt the Wall until he got himself a Dragon, tbh.

I could see the sense in that if he had got himself the dragon first, and then thought "Hey, this is useful, let's raise the army of the dead and get ourselves down to the wall".

But he was marching for the wall regardless, so if Danerys hadn't brought him a dragon, what was he gonna do when he got there.  Stare at it menacingly? Shake his fist at it aggressively?

Presumably they would attack the gate at the tunnel through the Wall at Eastwatch and then pass south of the Wall there?

I assume the magic the Wall has that Bejen Stark told Bran about just stops the undead attacking parts of the actual Wall given that we've seen now that a wight can survive south of it? Although Benjen did say it stopped the undead passing beyond the wall, so who knows? We don't really know how said magic works though, so it's just speculation really.

Also there's theories that the mark the Night King put on Bran has allowed the undead to pass beyond the wall once Bran had done so.

Edited by DA Baracus

I could see the sense in that if he had got himself the dragon first, and then thought "Hey, this is useful, let's raise the army of the dead and get ourselves down to the wall".
But he was marching for the wall regardless, so if Danerys hadn't brought him a dragon, what was he gonna do when he got there.  Stare at it menacingly? Shake his fist at it aggressively?

Probably try and climb over it similar to the Wildlings. His story so far is pretty vague, so we've no idea when he actually started heading towards the Wall, the fact he can see into future events maybe suggests he only started heading South when he realised there was a chance of getting a dragon

Presumably they would attack the gate at the tunnel through the Wall at Eastwatch and then pass south of the Wall there?
I assume the magic the Wall has that Bejen Stark told Bran about just stops the undead attacking parts of the actual Wall given that we've seen now that a wight can survive south of it? Although Benjen did say it stopped the undead passing beyond the wall, so who knows? We don't really know how said magic works though, so it's just speculation really.
Also there's theories that the mark the Night King put on Bran has allowed the undead to pass beyond the wall once Bran had done so.

Was there plan not to wait for the bay at Eastwach to freeze (or freeze it themselves)?

On 9/11/2017 at 00:41, MONKMAN said:

Rhaegal is named after Rhaegar (Jon's Dad), her older brother. Although he died during Roberts rebellion, before she was born.

I think GRRM messed up cause in the houses appendix at the end of a Game of Thrones he says that Rhaegar & Dany's mum was widowed at 14, so how can she have 2 children to the same dad that far apart in ages?

I read a theory that is quite complicated for me to explain but I'll give it a bash.

When the Night King was created and turned, the children of the forest and first men teamed up to drive them north which ended with Bran the builder erecting (snarf) the wall.

Apparently there was a pact that they agreed to that allowed the white walkers to control north of the wall and leave the southerners to their own devices. So anyone north of the wall was fair game.

If you remember way back at the start of the TV shows, the white walkers allowed the member of the nights watch to get away and subsequently didn't harm him. Then Sam killed a white Walker with dragon-glass which meant the pact was finished - one of them had been killed by a southerner.

Dunno if I've explained that right tbh but I hope you get my drift.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

He doesn't have anything cut off in the book, only "flayed" (as per the Bolton's sygil).

I don't care. I've not read the books. I'm talking about the TV show.

Incidentally a quick Wiki suggests that he does have his boaby cut off in the books.

Edited by DA Baracus

I don't care. I've not read the books. I'm talking about the TV show.
Incidentally a quick Wiki suggests that he does have his boaby cut off in the books.

If it's in Wiki it must be true! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]