The Blizzard

This looks very interesting and worth a read judging by some of the articles listed.

I don't think there is any other written publication in English like this. On the continent ,detailed analytical articles such as these can be found easily.

Hopefully it will match my expectations.

Does look very promising

Recently im finding that im not getting enough time to read all the football commentary I would like that is out there

Paypal kills it for me at the moment though but will defo keep an eye on it.

Bought it and been reading through it. Very good so far with a wide range of articles.

I did find the two page article on Xavi slightly bizarre when the writer seemed to suggest that Xavi and Makelele were similar players who both prized ball retention and were masters of the square pass :blink:

Makelele only made square passes because he could do little else with the ball. He and Xavi do not belong in the same article.

• 11 months later...

Absolutely. I've only just read the 20 page Tim Vickery interviews with Tostao & Zagallo, in the third edition. The fourth should be in the post sometime soon, I gather.

The only articles I don't enjoy are the fiction pieces. They seem clichéd to hell, which goes against the tone of the rest of the publication.

Did you get the offer to re-subscribe for the next twelve months on 2011 rates? I'll be keeping the sub up.

Absolutely. I've only just read the 20 page Tim Vickery interviews with Tostao & Zagallo, in the third edition. The fourth should be in the post sometime soon, I gather.

The only articles I don't enjoy are the fiction pieces. They seem clichéd to hell, which goes against the tone of the rest of the publication.

Did you get the offer to re-subscribe for the next twelve months on 2011 rates? I'll be keeping the sub up.

I think the renewal rate for existing members is £5 cheaper? I will be renewing anyway.

Great read apart from the fiction pieces, same as yourself. There is no need for them.

Quite fancy buying the issue with the Egil Olsen interview in it, he is an interesting chap.

I enjoyed that article even though it was a bit strange with Olsen beliving in long punts forward to create more opportunities than your opponent etc.

do you still need paypal to but this? Put me off in the first instance?

And fiction pieces?

You can buy single issues or a subscription from Amazon. The seller there, A19 Ltd, is the name of the firm that my Paypal sub gets paid to.

The fiction includes a series of embellishing how Football Manager would play out in real life. There was a story in Issue 0 or 1 on a manager taking a non-league team over. While the imagery in the latter was quite fun in places, I wasn't interested on the whole. I tend to just skip past those pieces now, which makes me feel slightly guilty in a nerdy way, because I read the rest of the publication inside-out.

do you still need paypal to but this? Put me off in the first instance?

And fiction pieces?

I paid £30 for 4 issues but you can pay less if you want. I paid the official price as I was very happy with how the preview issue panned out.

The fiction pieces were at the end of the first couple of issues and were fairly small. A bit of a filler piece but no real need for it when each copy was lasting about 175 pages.

• 11 months later...

A big bump to let everyone know that I will be appearing alongside some actual proper football writers in Issue 8. My piece is about the demise of Rangers and looks into how fan power led to the newco's eventual placing in SFL3.

Nice one. When is it out?

I'll wait until I can pay a couple of pennies for it as a .pdf and give it a read. :P

A big bump to let everyone know that I will be appearing alongside some actual proper football writers in Issue 8. My piece is about the demise of Rangers and looks into how fan power led to the newco's eventual placing in SFL3.

Any chance of a sneak preview on here? :P

Going by your posts on here I've absolute faith it will be a great read, but I do hope that you've made reference to the incompetence/craven media response to events, and compared it to fan reactions - Clyde's excellent statement, for instance.

Hope you've left out the Thistle boards somewhat, ah, non-commital initial responses to the prospect of Sevco in the 1st division, in any case.

The main thing

Any chance of a sneak preview on here? :P

Going by your posts on here I've absolute faith it will be a great read, but I do hope that you've made reference to the incompetence/craven media response to events, and compared it to fan reactions - Clyde's excellent statement, for instance.

Hope you've left out the Thistle boards somewhat, ah, non-commital initial responses to the prospect of Sevco in the 1st division, in any case.

The whole narrative is about the effect which "fan power" had in overcoming the attempted corruption from the authorities, so obviously certain elements of the governing bodies and the media get it tight. To be honest, most people on here will probably see a lot of the stuff as old news, but obviously the wider audience it's aimed at might not have picked up on all the key events.

I don't want to reduce the number of subscriptions (I think I might get a cut) so I'll simply leave the following four word excerpt which will hopefully convince enough people to buy it - "the reprehensible Craig Burley".

Archived