The Blizzard

The main thing

The whole narrative is about the effect which "fan power" had in overcoming the attempted corruption from the authorities, so obviously certain elements of the governing bodies and the media get it tight. To be honest, most people on here will probably see a lot of the stuff as old news, but obviously the wider audience it's aimed at might not have picked up on all the key events.

I don't want to reduce the number of subscriptions (I think I might get a cut) so I'll simply leave the following four word excerpt which will hopefully convince enough people to buy it - "the reprehensible Craig Burley".

I'm loaded with Type A Manflu at the minute and that excerpt alone raised a bit of a smile!

Sounds great - i'm definetly interested to read it from what you've said. Would rather get it digital download than hardcopy - I've had a wee look at the website and there's no mention of when the digital copy would be out, but I assume it's pretty much the same time or shortly after the hardcopy issue. I'll pay slightly over the £6 minimum because I'm nice like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through it there. I'd imagine to those unfamiliar with the story it'll be a great read as it's an accurate summing up of the situation. Would've been nice to see a wee mention for Pie & Bovril though! :P

Well done on getting into The Blizzard.

"The Scottish football press has many fine journalists" - Did you really mean that, by the way?

• 2 years later...

I just signed up for this but, craigkillie's piece aside, is it worth getting the old issues for a read or are a lot of the articles now outdated?

I'd say the vast majority are time-independent and will still be worth reading. I've fallen about 2 or 3 issues behind now and I don't feel like I'm reading anything out of date when I look at stuff from 6-9 months ago.

• 10 months later...

Is anybody going to the Blizzard event tomorrow? Got an email today to say there was a free bar (good), and scotch pies on sale for £5. I love a pie, I really do, but £5! It was to be compered by Richard Gordon originally, who's pulled out now to be replaced by Daniel Gray. Panellists are Kevin McCarra, Alan Patullo, Philippe Auclair and Jonathan Wilson. Has the makings of a good night. See you there if you're going along. (Did I mention that the pies are £5?)

Archived