Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Who "officially" said the Earth is pear-shaped?

I watched a few flat-Earther videos a while back out of curiosity, assuming they must claim at least a modicum of scientific reasoning behind it. Nope. I's all Biblical nonsense 'backed up' by YouTube truthers doing home experiments.

27 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

How did they account for people going from, say, California to Japan and not falling off?

They claim the Earth looks generally like the UN logo (they're in on it apparently), so flights flying east to west are going clockwise.

UNlogo.jpg

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So planes are faster in the so called "southern hemisphere"

Bingo. Their arguments tend to fall apart after the first question. This is explained by claiming the likes of Einstein, Newton etc were misinformation agents for the elite. Gravity & magnetic fields were completely made up to sell the round Earth lie.

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

They claim the Earth looks generally like the UN logo (they're in on it apparently), so flights flying east to west are going clockwise.

UNlogo.jpg

I'm now wondering how my father-in-law managed to get to the Antarctic!

Just now, sjc said:

I'm now wondering how my father-in-law managed to get to the Antarctic!

Apparently the Antarctic forms a rim around the edge of the whole planet. I'm surprised your father-in-law managed to get past the tens of thousands of patrol boats the UN allegedly has to stop anyone getting there and discovering the truth. He must have quite a story!

6 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Apparently the Antarctic forms a rim around the edge of the whole planet. I'm surprised your father-in-law managed to get past the tens of thousands of patrol boats the UN allegedly has to stop anyone getting there and discovering the truth. He must have quite a story!

Don't worry, I'll get it out of him even if I have to beat it out of him!

Will let P&B know the "truth" in due course.....

The wearethistle forum has one of those flat earthist loonballs on it. Constantly links videos on YouTube from some crossdressing yoga fan with no scientific background at all, claiming it's absolute fact. 

Edited by thistledo

Dominik Diamond sent me a book as a prize from one of his radio shows. Round the world cyclist/Fifer Mark Beaumont was on the show and you were to come up with a news headline to celebrate his round the world trek. I won it with "Cyclist takes extreme measures to prove to fellow Fifers world is not flat". I expect the standard of the competition was pretty shite but I never win much so it was straight on the life CV of great achievements.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Even then, Strachan would still fucking cap him.

Any way, if the earth is flat, how thick is it?

Very 

Screenshot_20170503-100311.jpg