Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Might be one for the Unpopular Opinions thread but I think that's actually an acceptable use of Facebook. If parents want to show off first day pics of little Kayden or Taliah- Nikole then it's OK. Definitely better than inspirational quotes or 'liking' Persil. 

1st day of School age 4-5 acceptable.

1st day of School every August from 4-5 right up to 16-17 get in the sea

25 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

1st day of School age 4-5 acceptable.

1st day of School every August from 4-5 right up to 16-17 get in the sea

My eldest just started S1 today. The trend so far among parents of his classmates is to post comparison pics showing the kid today, and as they were on day 1 of P1.

Guess what? They're all 7 years older and bigger!!  Who'da thunk it?

It's the lack of originality that does it for me.

People aren't uploading these pics because they want to, it's because someone else has done it and they can't be seen to not follow the trend.

No-one, outside of immediate family, actually gives a shit. And those immediate family members probably got sent the same picture on Whatsapp anyway.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

My eldest just started S1 today. The trend so far among parents of his classmates is to post comparison pics showing the kid today, and as they were on day 1 of P1.

Guess what? They're all 7 years older and bigger!!  Who'da thunk it?

With the obligatory "where does the time go?" or "my baby is growing up"

Jesus f**k.

Might be one for the Unpopular Opinions thread but I think that's actually an acceptable use of Facebook. If parents want to show off first day pics of little Kayden or Taliah- Nikole then it's OK. Definitely better than inspirational quotes or 'liking' Persil. 

Reported for racism against weans named Persil. Wee Persil-Ann's in tears reading that now, some folks are pure heartless. OMGLOL [emoji190][emoji190][emoji817]🥔🥔

I can think of many reasons not to share this on Facebook. Being "afraid to" isn't one of them.

1660513_10206042007549034_42878264222088

It has one comment so far:
"I support the police, stop putting them in jail for doing their job, because if u are doing something wrong, u made get killed, so stop breaking the law."

Aye, righty-ho then.

My Facebook feed consists of nothing but posts from pages I’ve liked and groups in a member of. It’s very rare that anyone actually posts anything on it. If there are events, like baby being born or weddings, then people post photographs etc but rarely the sort of thing you got a few years ago.

The algorithm may have something to do with that. Twitter is getting the same.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My Facebook feed consists of nothing but posts from pages I’ve liked and groups in a member of. It’s very rare that anyone actually posts anything on it. If there are events, like baby being born or weddings, then people post photographs etc but rarely the sort of thing you got a few years ago.

The algorithm may have something to do with that. Twitter is getting the same.

It's because you haven't followed  the instructions to stop 'only seeing posts from your top 25 or so people. 

IT WORKS 

Someone posted a photo of a wean standing to attention by the front door with the caption "First day at school."

The first comment - "When does school start?"

If only there was some clue in the caption.

Edited by Shotgun

Has anyone ever heard any of these warnings directly from the Police?
The message always says the police are advising or authorities advise... who? Who are they advising i never get any messages from them! 

Shared just in case xox

19 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Has anyone ever heard any of these warnings directly from the Police?

The message always says the police are advising or authorities advise... who? Who are they advising i never get any messages from them! 

Police are aware of these fake Police messages on Facebook.

They asked your auntie's pal to tell me to let you know.