Doctor Who

yoda

They should never bring The Rani back. She was crap. Only in two episodes (iirc) and they were arguably the two worst of all time.

If they're going to bring back an 80s villain some time, it's got to be Sil. Just for the evil laugh, if nothing else.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

One thing that annoys me, how long has passed since Clara and Danny first met?

It just seems to have went from uncomfortable first date, to I love you and would die for you is a very short space of time.

Something I was thinking. If it is indeed the Master and we don't have the rug pulled from under us, if he/she has access to Time Lord technology, and that whole Netherworld seemed to be contained inside St Paul's, can we assume that he/she has managed to get a hold of a Tardis again?

On the subject of how he/she has came to be about again, could they not explain it away by saying that when the Time Lords gave the Doctor a new cycle of regenerations, they did so assuming he was the only one left, but if the Master was nearby in some form, that he/she has got them too?

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Theres a bit of a bonkers theory going about that theres been a Super Computer controlled by The Master running the events over the entire series, creating situations and controlling people to force the Doctor exactly where the Masters wanted him. It picked up pace after this episode due to the Nethersphere looking like a huge circuit board and the 3W company name (World Wide Web)

Its pretty fucking extreme and incredibly unlikely though

Something I was thinking. If it is indeed the Master and we don't have the rug pulled from under us, if he/she has access to Time Lord technology, and that whole Netherworld seemed to be contained inside St Paul's, can we assume that he/she has managed to get a hold of a Tardis again?

On the subject of how he/she has came to be about again, could they not explain it away by saying that when the Time Lords gave the Doctor a new cycle of regenerations, they did so assuming he was the only one left, but if the Master was nearby in some form, that he/she has got them too?

They never really ever seem to explain how the Master survived tbh, wouldn't surprise me if we don't get told

Why do people think they would waste an entire series and alienate loads of viewers by having the 'big bad' turn out to be a shite little known character from decades ago like Romana or The Rani? Who would that appeal exactly? A handful of uber fans whilst everyone else is wondering who they are and why they've bothered to watch the show when shit like that is pulled.

Why do people think they would waste an entire series and alienate loads of viewers by having the 'big bad' turn out to be a shite little known character from decades ago like Romana or The Rani? Who would that appeal exactly? A handful of uber fans whilst everyone else is wondering who they are and why they've bothered to watch the show when shit like that is pulled.

It's an automatic fact that as soon as a new female character is introduced into DW, there will be a load of theories that she's The Rani.

A fucking shit character.

My theory...for what it is worth...

The Master/Mistress is Prisoner Zero from The Eleventh Hour. We know that the crack in the wall was a gateway to the Time Lords and the voice we heard said "Prisoner Zero has Escaped". Assuming Simm's Master was sucked in to Galifrey, he/she somehow must have escaped and got back.

And I don't believe Clara is, well, Clara. If The Master can come through the crack somehow to live again, so can someone else. I reckon Clara has come from Galifrey as well.

Just theories and these'll keep me warm till Saturday.

Fucking hell. Has it actually been a year since The Day of the Doctor???

Didn't Gallifrey get saved at the end of it? So it should still exist somewhere? They sort of left that there at the end of the episode and never mentioned it again.

Anyway, in the trailer last week, I'm sure I heard Clara say: "Clara Oswald never existed." To be honest, I never really understood her entire storyline, but I wonder if this will actually be her last episode. I'm not sure how, but I wouldn't be sad to see her go.

Fucking hell. Has it actually been a year since The Day of the Doctor???

Didn't Gallifrey get saved at the end of it? So it should still exist somewhere? They sort of left that there at the end of the episode and never mentioned it again.

Anyway, in the trailer last week, I'm sure I heard Clara say: "Clara Oswald never existed." To be honest, I never really understood her entire storyline, but I wonder if this will actually be her last episode. I'm not sure how, but I wouldn't be sad to see her go.

Well, yes. Galifrey exists in a pocket universe. In The Time of the Doctor we learned that the "crack in the wall" was the timelords trying to contact him and get back to their own universe.

Really, just watch last year's Christmas special again.

Well, yes. Galifrey exists in a pocket universe. In The Time of the Doctor we learned that the "crack in the wall" was the timelords trying to contact him and get back to their own universe.

Really, just watch last year's Christmas special again.

Ah, I'd repressed that episode from memory. Matt Smith really pissed me off. Sometimes he was funny and there are some great moments in his time, but I never felt he brought any kind of gravitas to the role. Plus, the quality of writing took a nosedive into shambolic territory.

Someone the Forums has screenshotted the scene at the start when Claras phoning Danny and interpreted all the post it notes :lol: The only one that doesn't really have an explanation so far is one with "Three Months" written on it....

If it is indeed the Master and we don't have the rug pulled from under us, if he/she has access to Time Lord technology, and that whole Netherworld seemed to be contained inside St Paul's, can we assume that he/she has managed to get a hold of a Tardis again?

The Master's TARDIS appears to be the red phone box in the background at the end of the episode.

My theory...for what it is worth...

The Master/Mistress is Prisoner Zero from The Eleventh Hour. We know that the crack in the wall was a gateway to the Time Lords and the voice we heard said "Prisoner Zero has Escaped". Assuming Simm's Master was sucked in to Galifrey, he/she somehow must have escaped and got back.

And I don't believe Clara is, well, Clara. If The Master can come through the crack somehow to live again, so can someone else. I reckon Clara has come from Galifrey as well.

Just theories and these'll keep me warm till Saturday.

Prisoner Zero was dealt with by the Atraxi. They were one of numerous consequences of the crack(the vampire burds were too!). The Master clearly came through another crack.

Someone the Forums has screenshotted the scene at the start when Claras phoning Danny and interpreted all the post it notes :lol: The only one that doesn't really have an explanation so far is one with "Three Months" written on it....

My ill informed guess would be it's the length of time Clara and Danny have been together.

My ill informed guess would be it's the length of time Clara and Danny have been together.

Possibly, was half wondering if it was the length of time she'd been pregnant, which would finally explain them meeting a Danny descendant who's related to Clara.

Missy/The Master, and this is so very obvious if you watch the episode, is quite cleary

The Master. Viewers know who The Master is. The vast majority would have no idea who obscure shite like The Rani and Romana are. Most wouldn't know who Prisoner Zero is either without a lenghty, surprise killing explanation. As I said before, it wouls be fucking madness to have the 'big bad' be revealed as someone obscure and irrelevant, not to mention pish. It would be akin to having Darth Vader be revealed as Porkins or in The Avengers story arc revealing the 'big bad' to be some random Nazi Captain America once thought he'd killed instead of Thanos.

Why would it be a waste of the entire series if the timelord from decades ago who was up against the doctor had a different name?

I take it you're one of the people who think every episode should be daleks. Did you moan when they brought back the council of gallifrey? Strangely it didn't matter one bit whether people already knew who they were or not.

Clearly you aren't that bothered about the actual content of the stories, just which characters and species it involves.