Doctor Who

yoda

Did I miss the reason why the dude who was cornered never got bludgeoned to death with the shifting spanner?

Does that indicate he's maybe the one sealed away and the "ghosts" were preventing a paradox?

Had forgotten about that tbh, not sure they ever really explained that

the captain looked at the symbols in the ship, I dunno if the other guy did, could be they need them to see the signal to become a beacon

Bingo. Correct answer.

This series is only 3 episodes in, and has now equalled the number of good episodes in the last series.

The 2-part format makes it better, less rushed with something to think about/look forward to. My 10 year old boy has watched Under the Lake a few times now, and is really keen on seeing part 2 after the finale to part 1.

This series is only 3 episodes in, and has now equalled the number of good episodes in the last series.

The 2-part format makes it better, less rushed with something to think about/look forward to. My 10 year old boy has watched Under the Lake a few times now, and is really keen on seeing part 2 after the finale to part 1.

Your 10 year old has some cojones.

My 2 (9 and 8 ) would shite it if they watched it.

:)

Edited by Fide

Your 10 year old has some cojones.

My 2 (9 and 8 ) would shite it if they watched it.

:)

My two, 8 and 10 love it. We're on our second watch through of the new serieses, just about to hit Matt Smith - not literally, unfortunately.

We did though have to stop watching at night time!

Yes, I Googled it!

I think the best example of it is in Star Trek: The Journey Home when Scotty and Bones give the scientist the formula for transparent aluminium in exchange for something (I can't mind what exactly). Bones says they can't because it could change the course of history, but Scotty points out that maybe the scientist was the one who discovered it.

So therefore who invented transparent aluminium? That's the Bootstrap Paradox.

Also never knew the episode was set in Scotland.

The Fisher King has a weird Predator face.

Also when did Cass develop Daredevil like powers? Did she get toxic waste in the ears?

Was the dude saying "It's a trap!" a Star Wars reference? We did have the Star Trek references last week.

Ha knew it would be the Doctor in the pod!

Very original two parter overall. A story that stands on its own and gets to the core of thinking about and playing around with the idea of time travel, which I think is what the show should be all about really. I generally didn't really enjoy Matt Smith's Doctor because it was hard, even watching it every week, to keep up with silly plot lines that carried over whole series - I think anyone who hasn't watched Doctor Who before could've watched this two parter, got the idea and enjoyed it.

There were a few niggly things though. The deaf woman being pursued by an axe wielding ghost would've been excellent without the whole Batman detective vision thing. I found that a bit patronising to her disability actually.

The Asian guy who travelled back in time with the Doctor is just a dreadful actor, couldn't warm to him at all.

I hated the guitar intro, and that's the second time it's appeared and annoyed the shit out of me. i hope that's the last we see it.

Also, has the Doctor had to spend about 150 years stuck in that box waiting for it to open or am I missing something there?

Next week's trailer looks a bit similar to the Robin Hood disaster from last series. God forbid.

Edited by Firhill Road

Also, has the Doctor had to spend about 150 years stuck in that box waiting for it to open or am I missing something there?

It was a suspended animation chamber, meaning the 150 year gap was instantaneous for the doctor, as he'd just been suspended in time.

The whole guitar/sunglasses thing with the Doctor was summed up beautifully by my girlfriend who suggested he's going through a mid-life crisis. I suppose he would be, to a point, being so young for so long then becoming an old man again