Doctor Who

yoda

The first Eccelstone episode with a Dalek really made them seem like the worst thing imaginable.

A single Dalek and the Doctor is "no one on this base is safe, no one on this planet". Now a whole Dalek fleet, hell a whole planet of them is brushed aside like a minor inconvenience.

This, I often think you see too much of them. Episodes with them should maybe have a brief glimpse of them causing carnage then you not seeing them again until the climax. In todays world they look more laughable than scary, and the writers are surely aware of that.

They should've just let them kill Clara. I don't dislike the character, but she's leaving anyway. Letting the Daleks kill her off would've been a famously poignant moment in the show's history, and restored the menace of the Skaran Stair-Dodgers.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

They should've just let them kill Clara. I don't dislike the character, but she's leaving anyway. Letting the Daleks kill her off would've been a famously poignant moment in the show's history, and restored the menace of the Skaran Stair-Dodgers.

100% this. I'd love it if there was just no great farewell, just her being zapped to f**k

I must be the only Dr Who fan that thinks the Eccleston episode just called "Dalek" is massively overrated.

The bit where the Doctor is left alone with the Dalek is excellent, gripping stuff. Probably Eccleston's finest five minutes in the role.

The rest of the episode just seems a bit dull though. I've watched it three or four times, each time thinking I must be missing something, but it leaves me a bit cold.

I'd say there are plenty of good two-thirds of Dalek stories in the re-vamped series. They do always seem to get beaten in about five seconds by somebody pressing a button or some other such nonsense.

Still nowhere near as bad as the episode where the Cybermen were defeated by a father's love. Do f**k off. That's the closest I've ever come to giving up on the show and never watching again.

I think the best Dalek story since the reboot is Asylum of the Daleks while the best Cyber-sodes are the Dark Water/Death in Heaven double bill. In each case they didn't really have too much of their headline monster in them.

I enjoy the Dalek just slowly taking its time rolling about killing people, never in a rush, barely said a word.

Also some cracking lines

sad+dalek.giforiginal.gif

The first one is part of the reason I didn't like it, I think. I didn't like the idea of the Daleks having feelings. Maybe childish on my part but still! The second one is a great line, I'll grant you.

I was faking it in order to get Rose to touch it to be fair and when it did gain "feelings" it called it sickness and killed itself.

Whilst cheesy my fave Dalek line is still that put down to the Cybermen.

Cyberman: Daleks be warned you have declared war on the Cybermen.

Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control!.

The first Eccelstone episode with a Dalek really made them seem like the worst thing imaginable.

A single Dalek and the Doctor is "no one on this base is safe, no one on this planet". Now a whole Dalek fleet, hell a whole planet of them is brushed aside like a minor inconvenience.

Like I said it's like Voyager and The Borg. In TNG, one cube decimated a fleet of 40 Starfleet ships at Worf 359. Then just over a decade later, one ship is able to survive and get the better of a whole sector and more of them

I was faking it in order to get Rose to touch it to be fair and when it did gain "feelings" it called it sickness and killed itself.

Love the full exchange between the Cult of Skaro and the Cybermen in Doomsday

post-14714-14448596655724_thumb.jpg

Love the full exchange between the Cult of Skaro and the Cybermen in Doomsday

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1444859664.189876.jpg

It's like a rework of a Mary Whitehouse Experience sketch between Newman and Baddiel, 'that's you that is'

The maw thing might be a shout. If she gave Clara the other thing it would explain how Clara is 'The Impossible Girl'.

Davros spoke of 'The Hybrid' in the first episode mind, and now we know who/what that is.