Doctor Who

yoda

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Im enjoying Whittaker more as the Doctor but by god that story line was as awful as it was predictable.

Have to agree. It started out well, then went straight in to an obvious plot. I don't mind that so much - we had enough mind-bending nonsense in the Moffatt era.

Didn't think much of last night's episode. The bits with the companions being back home with other friends were quite good, but the Syria connection seemed kind of pointless and the two villains (who were built up as being particularly evil and powerful) were dealt with very quickly.

I know the sonic screwdriver is used whenever it's convient, and its uses vary depending on the episode, but I am getting tired of Whittaker's Doctor using it like a wand that can do anything.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

13 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Didn't think much of last night's episode. The bits with the companions being back home with other friends were quite good, but the Syria connection seemed kind of pointless and the two villains (who were built up as being particularly evil and powerful) were dealt with very quickly.

I know the sonic screwdriver is used whenever it's convient, and its uses vary depending on the episode, but I am getting tired of Whittaker's Doctor using it like a wand that can do anything.

Aye, have you ever seen the like?

I like most of the episodes having an obvious message, mental health, climate change etc. I also like that it will annoy the gammony types that most of the episodes have a clear message.

I like most of the episodes having an obvious message, mental health, climate change etc. I also like that it will annoy the gammony types that most of the episodes have a clear message.

I’m torn with this. One the one hand, it’s a kids programme so clear messaging is good. On the other, I’m a grown up, and it all just feels so “worthy” at the expense of the plot.

On 10/02/2020 at 13:24, Jaggy Snake said:

Penis envy imo.