Doctor Who

yoda

He did, I mentioned it on this very page.

SLJ is making things up - no where in TWORS does it indicate that it is a different tesselcta or that the crew teleported out when it was set on fire - it can grow a motorbike out of its bum, a bit of fire isnt going to hurt it.

SLJ is making things up - no where in TWORS does it indicate that it is a different tesselcta or that the crew teleported out when it was set on fire - it can grow a motorbike out of its bum, a bit of fire isnt going to hurt it.

making things up laugh.gif

there is nothing to indicate it's not a different tesselecta, or that the crew didn't teleport out. It's one of those thing's where the viewer decide's what happen's.

I think one thing, you think another. It doesn't make us wrong as there is no definative answer.

Edited to add: 15:57 - "if we bring this one down the justice department will give us the whole year off" - indicates that there is more than one tesselecta, and more than one crew

37:41 - emergency beam up due to the "floaty things" not accepting anyone as "authorised". If people went back onto that tesselecta they'd die, so it's safe to presume it was abandoned.

Linky: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0146h0q/Doctor_Who_Series_6_Lets_Kill_Hitler/

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

Which is a totally different episode to the one we are talking about :rolleyes:

Nothing in TWORS indicates that it is a different Tesselecta or that the crew beam out.

And the Cybermen episode with the fat p***k was utterly, utterly shite. The Cybermen are by far my favourite baddies, but the new Who seems to be ruining them.

I liked parts of it. The thought behind it was good but it was executed very poorly and the Cybermen - like the Daleks - should not make a token appearance every series. Overall though, a poor episode.

Well that was alright. Not really a RTD Reset, just clever and using things that had been laid out before. FWIW, Matt Smith is quickly becoming my favourite Doctor. I also liked The Silence as villains in this series, although I feel they could have been stretched out beyond one series.

I thought the "slightly burnt" line was a reference to the boat being used as a funeral pyre?

Agree. I think drs is right.

Well that was alright. Not really a RTD Reset, just clever and using things that had been laid out before. FWIW, Matt Smith is quickly becoming my favourite Doctor. I also liked The Silence as villains in this series, although I feel they could have been stretched out beyond one series.

I would agree with all of that. I think under RTD the finale always seemed to be about saving the world, saving the universe, daleks, cybermen, the master, all of the above. I always preferred watching the episodes of people not knowing who he was rather than people rubbing their groins(or however these fictional aliens reach sexual stimulation) over him. Let him stay in the shadows.

I think Moffat's writing is the reason I'm loving Smith more than Tennant, I actually thought david tennant was at his best in the episode 'blink' that Steve Moffat wrote for him, even if we didn't see a lot of him. Some of the one liners were crazy. 'You been transported back in time, don't going swimming for 30 minutes' :lol:

I agree that a villian like the silence would also have been a more effective over one season. The silence were just a bit anti-climatic for through, as there was no investment in their characters other than they wanted 'to kill the doctor'.

It used to be at it's best when the master was around against him all the time imo. Now it's just a villian every season(sometimes one episode). I'd love to give him another 'equal' nemesis again.

That was a trailer, thats all.

We didnt see the Doctor and amy in giant bubbles in space fighting monsters last year or see Eccleston get chased down that coridoor by a ball of flame in 2005 or see the doctor and Martha merge into one person. Its there to sell the show not reflect the actual content of any episode.

After all the talk of the Beeb cutting back and next series being 4 specials rather than a full 13 episodes, I kinda get the impression that when the Doctor came away with the line that he was getting "too big and noisy" and drawing attention to himself, they could also have tacked "expensive" onto the line <_<

Filming starts in Feb for 13 episodes due to broadcast next Autumn - never been any intimation that there was going to be 4 specials.

Thats a gossip site - it talks shite, the BBC have said that it's the same number of episodes all along.

I'll say it again - there has never been any intimation that it will be anything less than a full series, anyone who says anything else is talking out of their arse.

OK, now move along and discuss the casting of Paul McGann as the Rani.

Edited by drs