Doctor Who

yoda

Admittedly that could be exemplified by the fact Gillan was wearing a wig in this episode that made her look a bit silly (in addition to the whole Inversneckie accent thing going on) but I'm going to call it now: hottest Who companion in the new series.

she was wearing a wig in Pond Life but not in Saturdays episode.

H2H

I watched Dr Who for the first time in years on Saturday as my youngster wanted to watch it and have to say I really enjoyed it.

Can't comment on how it compares to the last few series though.

It was a fairly average episode quality wise, the revival series are worth watching though I was never much of a fan of the Russell T Davis Eccleston/Tennant era. Start with series 5 episode 1.

Was pretty underwhelmed by the return tbh. The story was alright, but felt a bit like a mid-season filler than a triumphant return.

However, it did have the new companion, who is hotter than a hot summer in the middle east. Ooft. I'll quite happily have the lovely Gillan leave if she's taking her place, although both would be quite nice too.

They realised the paradigm Daleks were a shit design and thus relegated them to the back of the crowd scenes. :D

2. Her Inverness accent makes things sound gormless, even when the thing being said isn't gormless and the way it's expressed isn't intended as gormless. This is common among a great many Teuchter accents. Here ends the full explanation in relation to the second bit you emboldened in your last post.

Aye, Right eeenuf!

It was a fairly average episode quality wise, the revival series are worth watching though I was never much of a fan of the Russell T Davis Eccleston/Tennant era. Start with series 5 episode 1.

What the most injokey and reference filled series of "new" Dr Who? Good advice. :rolleyes:

My original comment:

1. Karen Gillan looked weird with a wig on. The hair looked distinctly not her natural colour and her fringe looked daft compared to her natural look. Here ends the full explanation in relation to the first bit you emboldened in your last post.

2. Her Inverness accent makes things sound gormless, even when the thing being said isn't gormless and the way it's expressed isn't intended as gormless. This is common among a great many Teuchter accents. Here ends the full explanation in relation to the second bit you emboldened in your last post.

Many thanks for that.

I had an inkling that that was what you were getting at.

Gormless, that's a good word.

The Doctor's tweak of his bow tie as Amy and Rory were having their heart to heart was in equal measure touching and funny.

Edited by sophia

Pretty disappointed at the opener on Saturday, and apart from the last few episodes of the last series, Matt Smiths series have been quite poorly written, nothing wrong with him as the Doctor but i think Tennant's reign has been the best of the new one's,

I hope the current series gets better but i dont see it happening.