Mafia Watering Hole

Just realise you are a newcomer this year Forehead :lol:

Oh am I? ph34r.gif

So is Stewbo and Jambo-Rocker(I think on TJR, he said it) so it's a tough category.

edit: I'm actually new to mafia this year(not just on this board). But a quick count on the three boads and I've hosted two games and played in(including the three I'm currently in) and I'm up to the big 30 laugh.gifph34r.gif

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other two boards to you use? Quality any good?

The View Askew Board and Mafiascum.

VA is the powers one, people are good fun. It's more like this one(as in a message board that happens to play mafia), they've even got a "games" sub-forum and a few other types of things(365 challenges and drafts). There's a good solid core of about 20 of us that play most of the games and then usually 5-15 others who play some. Never usually more than 25 people in a game. The quality is pretty good. I dunno what it is, but I would've said it's easier to win as village in the powers game, (role revealing would help) but I think there's actually more mafia wins on there than on here. It's a conundrum. The only thing is that it's an American board so most of the deadlines are at like 11/12/1 at night/in the morning. They have had some early deadlines but it's not really ever at 7/8pm here.(America is between 8 and 5 hours behind us). Once you get used to the time changes(west coast is 8, east coast is 5) then it's ok, cause of my student sleeping schedule, I'm usually up until like 2-3 in the morning anyway.

Mafiascum is very business like, because it's a board for mafia. They also do day and night phases(village lynch during the day, doctor/investigator and mafia submit their actions during the night). Because it's not really a message board then they make the deadline's massive, day phase is usually two or three weeks and the night phase is 48/72 hours. It's not that bad, I'm in two mafia scum games and one VA game(dead in that and it's just about to finish, I think). I've only played in one of the MS games that wasn't a "newbie" game and I got killed during the day 1 phase mad.gif

Looks like the next time I play a good game is on the 5th of February, I am looking forward to it GTG.biggrin.gif

So your not playing my game, that's good. One less moany b*****d pointing out plot holes in my stories tongue.gif

Sorry for taking over but I just had some ideas and thought I'd post them.

It's ok, more than happy to have feedback with regards to catagories

Is there a best newcomer? Prob difficult to work out who is new this year

There will be.

Hopefully Slj will categorise everything so its easy for people to vote

That's what's been taking up most of my time, figuring out who's eligible

I'd presume SLJ, assuming he still wants to do it.

More than happy to do it.

Forehead, what's the comparison between the players? Would they fit in here, us over there? What's the calibre of players here/there? Etc etc.

The view askew board;

I presume they'd fit in over here. I'd say they're more friendly(like a lot of them are proper friends) so there's a tonne of non-game related chatter but it's mostly friendly banter and quite fun. Sometimes I just ignore it and skim read because it can be quite lengthy. The one that's coming to an end is at 109 pages. They just have one thread for the whole game(sign ups and actual game) and the game started on page 20 of it. 32 people, in this game(the game runner brought like 4 of his friends who signed up with a view to play the game and he hassled a bunch of people to get the numbers up. Even with the mafia killing off all the major talkers through the various days(we're at day 9 or something now), it still managed to get that high. There's a lot of really good players, the major talkers are the best. Lots of list taking(not really applicable here since there's nothing to reveal thus nothing to list). I'm nowhere near the best over there so you can take that as a judgement(obviously, it depends on how well you rank me) but tbh, there's a lot less detecting over there. It tends to be just follow the seer and do what he does, maybe making a few recommendations along the way on who you think is bad if they don't have any results.

The only thing is, to play on that board you have to donate $2(like £1.50), it goes to the Wayne Foundation, a charity which basically helps deal with child trafficing and stuff. The idea is that it deters trollers. You pay that and you get 10 years on the board

I don't really have much of a read on the mafia scum people since I've only played in one game that's ended completely(the one I finished is still going on)

Best Formatting - Forehead7 by a mile.

Trying to find things in these threads without having them all neatly linked at the start is a bloody pain. mad.gif

^main reason I didn't do a mafia ranking at the same time as the survivor ones. First few games I don't even think it was highlighted who was killed or even who won -_-

Best Formatting - Forehead7 by a mile.

Trying to find things in these threads without having them all neatly linked at the start is a bloody pain. mad.gif

That is one thing that the VA board is good at. Pretty much all the hosts go back and edit in the links (like I've done with my two games) into the first post. Makes it a bucket loads easier to read back when you're in the game as well.

The 2011 Mafia Awards

Same format as the P&B awards. Vote through PM to me specififying "MAFIA AWARDS" on the title so i don't make any mistakes. Votes in by midnight on Xmas Eve. Results will be published sometime on Boxing Day. NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF!!!

Best Player(All Games):

Please choose one from;

Accies1, Adam, AlMacD, Arnold, AsdaLoyal, Ayrgirl, Ayrunitedfw Bonksy+HisChristianParade, Bowers, Broxi#1, Craigkillie Darkblue62 DaveBinos, Dazzle, Die Hard Doonhamer, Ecknauskas, EireCelt, FC_1919, FFCSAM Forehead7, G_man1985 GingerSaint, Gordon the Gopher, GY Diamond, HEED, Jagfox, Jambo Stu, Johhog, Jojo, Just A Bairn, Knowsley101, Kyle, Lambie's Pigeon Feed, Lichtgilphead, Lichtieforlife, Ludo*1, MonkeyBlair, M0rtonfc, Mr Brightside, Nevets_8, Nizlopi, Nocturnal Groove, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Pencils, Rajpelt, Scotty Tunbridge, Shelldon, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag, Smurph, Stewbo, ThatBoyRonaldo, The Jambo-Rocker, The Real Saints, Tryfield, Turbo_Dee, TwisteH, Wallace Mercer, Widge, XBL

Worse Player(All games):

Please choose one from;

Accies1, Adam, AlMacD, Arnold, AsdaLoyal, Ayrgirl, Ayrunitedfw Bonksy+HisChristianParade, Bowers, Broxi#1, Craigkillie Darkblue62 DaveBinos, Dazzle, Die Hard Doonhamer, Ecknauskas, EireCelt, FC_1919, FFCSAM Forehead7, G_man1985 GingerSaint, Gordon the Gopher, GY Diamond, HEED, Jagfox, Jambo Stu, Johhog, Jojo, Just A Bairn, Knowsley101, Kyle, Lambie's Pigeon Feed, Lichtgilphead, Lichtieforlife, Ludo*1, MonkeyBlair, M0rtonfc, Mr Brightside, Nevets_8, Nizlopi, Nocturnal Groove, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Pencils, Rajpelt, Scotty Tunbridge, Shelldon, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag, Smurph, Stewbo, ThatBoyRonaldo, The Jambo-Rocker, The Real Saints, Tryfield, Turbo_Dee, TwisteH, Wallace Mercer, Widge, XBL

Best Performer(Non-Mafia games):

Please choose one from;

AlMacD, Ayrgirl, Broxi#1, Craigkillie, Davebinos, Die Hard Doonhamer, Forehead7, Gingersaint, Gordon the Gopher, Gydiamond, Itzdirk, Jagfox, Jambo Stu, Jojo, Jupe1407,Just a Bairn, Kyle, Lichtgilphead, Lichtieforlife, Ludo*1, Nevets_8, Nocturnal Groove, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Pencils, Rajpelt, Scotty Tunbridge, Shelldon, Smurph, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag Stewbo, ThatBoyRonaldo, The Jambo-Rocker, The Real Saints, Turbo_dee, Widge, XBL

Worst Performer(Non-Mafia games):

Please choose one from;

AlMacD, Ayrgirl, Broxi#1, Craigkillie, Davebinos, Die Hard Doonhamer, Forehead7, Gingersaint, Gordon the Gopher, Gydiamond, Itzdirk, Jagfox, Jambo Stu, Jojo, Jupe1407,Just a Bairn, Kyle, Lichtgilphead, Lichtieforlife, Ludo*1, Nevets_8, Nocturnal Groove, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Pencils, Rajpelt, Scotty Tunbridge, Shelldon, Smurph, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag,Stewbo, ThatBoyRonaldo, The Jambo-Rocker, The Real Saints, Turbo_dee, Widge, XBL

Favourite Task(Apprentice games):

Please choose one from;

Football Team, Fast Food, Building Design, TV Show, Toys, Stirling Fun Day, Bargain Hunting, Music Festival, TV Bonanza, Shelldon's Arbroath fun-day, Public Transport, Free CD, Interviews, Town Building

Favourite Task(Survivor games):

Please choose one from;

Eggheads, Ebay Task, Wheel Of Fortune, Anagrams, General Knowledge, Countdown, Would I lie to you?, The Campaign Trail, On the Buzzer, Mastermind

Best Host:

Please choose one from;

Forehead7 - Marvel Universe, Star Wars Mini, Pokemon

Gordon the Gopher - Risk, Apprentice 1, Survivor 1

JAB/XBL - Survivor 3

Kyle - Survivor 2

Lichtieforlife - World Cities

Litchieforlife/Shelldon- LOTR

Number One Wasp - World Cities 2

Parscelona - WWE Invasion

Scotty Tunbridge - Futurama

Sooky - Friends

SLJ - Apprentice 2

SLJ/ The Jambo Rocker - Dragonball Z

The Real Saints - Attack of the Vuvuzuelas

Best Mafia Game:

Please choose one from;

World Cities, World Cities 2, Marvel Universe, WWE Invastion, Futurama, Attack of the Vuvuzelas, LOTR, Dragonball Z, Friends, Pokemon

Best stories/write-ups:

Please choose one from;

Forehead7, Gordon the Gopher, Just A Bairn, Kyle, Lichtieforlife, Number One Wasp, Parscelona, Scotty Tunbridge, Shelldon, Sooky, South Lanarkshire Jag, The Jambo Rocker, The Real Saints, XBL

Best "New Concept":

Please choose one from;

Introduction of "powers", Survivor games, Risk games, Apprentice games. Other(Please specify)

The rest of the awards don't have any to select from for various reasons;

Most devious player

Best Independent/Terrorist Performance

Best Mafia Team

Best Village Team

Most Enjoyable Game

Special Contribution Award(Vote for anyone for any reason).

There are also a couple of awards that don't require any voting cool.gif

Knew i forgot something.

I tried to link in the task's to each bit, but i don't know how to ph34r.gif

If it's a specific post then right click the post number at the top right hand corner of the post and copy the URL and then just post it like any other link(I presume you know how to do that).

Couple of questions, for "best game" can we vote for games hosted by ourselves? I don't know whether I will but it's just a thought as I don't think best game is necessarily indicative of the host, it's more to do with the players and how well certain players play.

I see your name, SLJ, does not appear in the best/worst non-mafia performers, is this intended or not because your Risk performance was great, I'm just listing the worthy nominees in my eyes then I'll whittle it down to just one.

I may add in more questions, so check the edit.

edit 1:

There will be.

The 2011 Mafia Awards

Best Player(All Games):

Worse Player(All games):

Best Performer(Non-Mafia games):

Worst Performer(Non-Mafia games):

Favourite Task(Apprentice games):

Favourite Task(Survivor games):

Best Host:

Best Mafia Game:

Best stories/write-ups:

Best "New Concept":

Most devious player

Best Independent/Terrorist Performance

Best Mafia Team

Best Village Team

Most Enjoyable Game

Special Contribution Award(Vote for anyone for any reason).

Where is the best new player category(I presume it isn't one that can't be voted since there's at least 3 newbies this year.

And, can you vote for multiple times for the Special Contribution Award? There's a couple more awards(most enjoyable player being one I immediately thought out)

Wall of text

Best game - if you feel your game was best, then you can put it in your top three(see edited post )

Not intended, have edited.

If you can provide a list of candidates for it, i'll include it and 'best debut'. I wasn't prepared to trawl through ALL the games to find out who was new having spent 2 and a bit hours on it.

You can put down what you want for Special Contribution. It may be given to a couple of players dependant on reasons given.

I withdrew a few awards that i wanted in because i didn't want it going massively long.

Next interogation please, Forehead

Best game - if you feel your game was best, then you can put it in your top three(see edited post )

Not intended, have edited.

If you can provide a list of candidates for it, i'll include it and 'best debut'. I wasn't prepared to trawl through ALL the games to find out who was new having spent 2 and a bit hours on it.

You can put down what you want for Special Contribution. It may be given to a couple of players dependant on reasons given.

I withdrew a few awards that i wanted in because i didn't want it going massively long.

Next interogation please, Forehead

Cool, I probably won't but Pokemon was pretty good as it went down to the wire.

Cool, thanks.

I'll have a trawl through the games. I know myself and Stewbo are definites as Stewbo just joined this year. The Jambo Rocker said he debuted in my Marvel game. Broxi must've been a debutant as well. I wouldn't like to say on others.

Good to know thanks.

I don't think I'll have any more questions tongue.gif

That's me voted, some of the categories were hard to call. However, best host was a no brainier for me.

I'm swithering with best host tbh, obviously most folk put in massive effort but there are 2 or 3 hosts that have been exceptional in my time here. I'm struggling more with the best players

Archived