Dexter

Casagolda

Every so often when watching TV I fade off and start remembering the brilliance of the Trinity Killer storyline, and become bored of the show I'm watching.

Its a shame the whole show ended how it did

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have been watching this and just finished Season 4 and am totally gutted that Rita was bumped off!

Haven't obviously seen how the whole thing ends but heard it is pretty dire.

Will keep watching though as really enjoying it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm being very careful not to read more than the above few posts, but I'm only midway through Season 2 and finding it a bit slow. Is it time to throw in the towel if 1-4 are seemingly the best?

I've already found out a notable spoiler involving Rita later on btw. Her wid-ness levels seems to be increasing by the episode btw. The step-sister not so much.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm being very careful not to read more than the above few posts, but I'm only midway through Season 2 and finding it a bit slow. Is it time to throw in the towel if 1-4 are seemingly the best?

I've already found out a notable spoiler involving Rita later on btw. Her wid-ness levels seems to be increasing by the episode btw. The step-sister not so much.

The Trinity Killer series (4? Cant remember now), was the highlight of it all for me, so I'd watch it until then, then I'd stop.

Keep with it. It's great, I found it really enjoyable to the end too. I've found f**k all else to get stuck into since I finished it, I miss it. :(

Rita is absolutely fucking lovely by the way. Plenty more wids come into it too. ;)

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Have absolutely no idea why you'd say that like. :lol:

They lose the plot after Season 4, literally, as the character completely changes. With everything that happens with his sister after it aswell, it becomes a farce. The ending is obscenely bad.

They lose the plot after Season 4, literally, as the character completely changes. With everything that happens with his sister after it aswell, it becomes a farce. The ending is obscenely bad.

Without wanting to spoil things the ending is just... I dunno even know what to say. He can decide himself. :lol:

But plenty happens afterwards and it was fascinating right up until atleast the very end of season 7 right before it all came to a conclusion if you like in S8.

If you liked the show I have not got a clue why you'd just pack it in 4 series in that seems absolutely mental to me.

Trinity killer was Season 4, and it was definitely the best series of the lot. John Lithgow was fantastic in it.

I'd agree that it started to decline towards the end. I found I couldn't get into it as much in the last season, but persevered simply because I'd got so far through the show.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Without wanting to spoil things the ending is just... I dunno even know what to say. He can decide himself. :lol:

But plenty happens afterwards and it was fascinating right up until atleast the very end of season 7 right before it all came to a conclusion if you like in S8.

If you liked the show I have not got a clue why you'd just pack it in 4 series in that seems absolutely mental to me.

Dont get me wrong, I watched it until the end, but after season 4 it almost becomes a different show. If I ever re-watch it, I'll stop at Season 4

• 1 year later...
36 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Watched the first 3 season's a couple of years ago and stopped. Continued with this 3 weeks ago and i've about finished the 7th season. really enjoying It. That trinity killer was brillaint.

I struggled to enjoy the series after the Trinity Killer tbh, a superb series, and an incredible ending

Really enjoyed it until towards the end, I've still to watch the second half of the last season.  I really need to though, just for 'closure'. Its one of those that I will watch pretty much back to back again though. That's a great way to watch a series/box set.