Nintendo Wii U

SimplyTON

I got a Mega Drive for Christmas when I was about 13 / 14 and it was plainly obvious my old man had been getting fired into it at night in the weeks leading up to it. He hadn't sealed the box back up properly and there was saved game data on a couple of the games :lol:

Well thats a good reason to get a shot, need to make sure theres no save data on the hard drive before the youngster gets to it ;)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting a Wii U this week along with Mario Kart 8, Mario 3d Land and Smash. Can't wait!

Looks like there is some belting games out this year as well - Splatoon, Mario Maker etc

Is this the main Wii U thread on here? Had to go back about 5 pages to find it. I guess it's not cool enough for the Pie and Bov masses.

I'm getting a Wii U this week along with Mario Kart 8, Mario 3d Land and Smash. Can't wait!

Looks like there is some belting games out this year as well - Splatoon, Mario Maker etc

Is this the main Wii U thread on here? Had to go back about 5 pages to find it. I guess it's not cool enough for the Pie and Bov masses.

The way to look at it, you should own either a ps4 or the xbone and then a wiiu as a second console.

The thing is superb.

Oh and of buying additional storage, a desktop hdd is better than pen drive (noooop) or a hdd without its own power source (name escapes me)

• 3 weeks later...

Was fortunate enough to get a Wii U 32GB premium edition with "Lego City Undercover" for £84 from Tesco, bargain of the century! I'd been thinking about one for a wee while and at that price I didn't take any persuading. Folk trying to punt them as "unwanted gifts" for £200 on Gumtree, scum.

First impressions are really good, only got the Lego game just now but it's a good laugh, Mario Kart, Mario World, new Zelda all look fantastic. The build quality console itself feels really top quality compared to some others.

I'm not really that big on video games, I probably only play them maybe once or twice a week, sometimes less but I think the Wii is a bit of a niche product and would be frustrating to have only it when a really big game comes out, GTA etc. I've got an Xbox 360 and don't think I'll be upgrading to an Xbox One or PS4 anytime soon, my brother has a PS4 and I'm not all that impressed with it just now as it's just more of the same games with better graphics as is always the way with a new console in it's first wee while.

I bought my girlfriend a WiiU for Christmas. It really is far better than some of the reviews say. It could probably be doing with a wider selection of games though.

I bought my girlfriend a WiiU for Christmas. It really is far better than some of the reviews say. It could probably be doing with a wider selection of games though.

Thats basically its downfall. Its a great console and the gamepad screen, when used well, is fantastic.

It might well end up being home to the best Mario Kart version and the Zelda game ever but it will, ultimately, fail not because of the quality of the console but the lack of games.

Thats basically its downfall. Its a great console and the gamepad screen, when used well, is fantastic.

It might well end up being home to the best Mario Kart version and the Zelda game ever but it will, ultimately, fail not because of the quality of the console but the lack of games.

nintendo have pretty much always been like this, i remember times when the mega drive was getting games left right and centre while the Snes wasnt, but the snes games were so much better all round

just a pity nintendo's childlike state when it comes to games means the likes of the wii and wiiU dont appeal to a section of hardcore gamers

Was fortunate enough to get a Wii U 32GB premium edition with "Lego City Undercover" for £84 from Tesco, bargain of the century! I'd been thinking about one for a wee while and at that price I didn't take any persuading. Folk trying to punt them as "unwanted gifts" for £200 on Gumtree, scum.

First impressions are really good, only got the Lego game just now but it's a good laugh, Mario Kart, Mario World, new Zelda all look fantastic. The build quality console itself feels really top quality compared to some others.

I'm not really that big on video games, I probably only play them maybe once or twice a week, sometimes less but I think the Wii is a bit of a niche product and would be frustrating to have only it when a really big game comes out, GTA etc. I've got an Xbox 360 and don't think I'll be upgrading to an Xbox One or PS4 anytime soon, my brother has a PS4 and I'm not all that impressed with it just now as it's just more of the same games with better graphics as is always the way with a new console in it's first wee while.

What Tesco was this? Seems a great deal you got.

What Tesco was this? Seems a great deal you got.

I got mine in the Falkirk Redding Rd shop. They didn't have them out had to ask and they checked the stock room although in some of the other stores they've had them on the shelf. Here's the code on the receipt just in case you want to check.

post-12302-14233297430105_thumb.jpg

There is some cracking games now for the Wii U that you can't get elsewhere and in my opinion worth the price of the console easily (especially as it's now under £100)

Mario Kart 8

New Super Mario Bros Wii U

Mario Bros 3D Land

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze

Toads Treasure Tracker

Being released this year:

Legend of Zelda Wii U

Mario Maker

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Starfox Wii U

Splatoon - which I reckon will be one of the must have games on any console by the end of the year. It looks so much fun, very catchy and I suspect could well be the next 'Mario Kart' in terms of a huge multiplayer fun game.

• 2 months later...

Anyone excited for Splatoon this month? Looks great. Played the online demo last week for an hour and was terrific fun.

I believe there are more demo slots next Saturday. Nintendos next big franchise imo

Controls are weird but cracking game. Kept getting splattered. Played for the full hour time slot, it felt like 5 mins

Edit: Film? Film?? Bloody hell

Archived