Dance Songs

SOL

Just now, Kennboy1978 said:

Contradicting how ?

I'm not for shutting down clubs but I do understand the reasons for it.

Basically don't be surprised if a club/venue is constant bother and it's then shut down.

Fabric wasn't in constant bother though. Up until very recently they had according to the police a gold standard in how they operated. Other places that had issues and were not up to scratch were sent to Fabric to learn. The police have turned on them and this has all the hallmarks of a witch hunt.

Drugs are absolutely everywhere and closing Fabric will do more harm than good.

Fabric in particular but things are heading in a very bleak and sanitised direction.

An interesting statistic to come out - security at the club identified 80 drug dealers and turned them in - only one prosecution was made. Are they sure it was Fabric that wasn't doing enough?

Unfortunately, like the Arches, the decision to close Fabric was taken by people who have no interest or understanding of the cultrue and importance of these venues. They probably think everyone in the club is a young, obnoxious, crime causing, junkie. Closing down these clubs has no real affect on them and they only see the word "drugs" in some report and immediately they have made their decision. They have the powers that can affect a lot of people but have no desire in spending the time to find the correct course of action and instead take the easy decision to shut the venues. It's a crying shame that the fate of cultural institutions are held in the hands of people who don't care beyond their own interests.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:48, Marshmallo said:

Yotto is excellent. Probably my second choice for "breakout" DJ of the year after Matt Fax.

I've only heard some of his stuff this past couple of months. Loving a few of them! Will have to check out Matt Fax too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been watching the Space Closing Fiesta on be-at.tv? Over 90 acts playing!

I've had it on the car park stage for the past few hours. Syrossian was class and Lawler was really good too. Now it's Tale of Us before Carl Cox comes on. I'm off tomorrow so will be making a night of it!