The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Jackson's response is bewildering. He's accusing the author of being a drama queen when 1. The guy's work has been plagiarised. 2. The content has been twisted. Then he goes on to say it's a non story. A non story which makes up a two page spread in the Record.

The freelancer in question is a criminal; the Daily Record is complicit.

This quote is particularly amazing considering the amount of column inches that the Record give to anyone vaguely associated with the OF.

@FK_HH I would hardly describe an interview with Sebastian Faure as a 'scoop'. Lot of angry men with twisted agendas out there. Pathetic.

That's from a chief sports reporter at the same paper which has had back page exclusives from the likes of Chic Charnley and Jamie Ness in recent weeks.

This really deserves more publicity than being hidden away on this thread. It's a fairly shocking example of plagiarism and the response by those at the Record is reprehensible. Just because the article is "in the public domain" doesn't make it ok to just copy & paste it without crediting the author.

This really deserves more publicity than being hidden away on this thread. It's a fairly shocking example of plagiarism and the response by those at the Record is reprehensible. Just because the article is "in the public domain" doesn't make it ok to just copy & paste it without crediting the author.

I'm sure I read this exact post on my favourite French football forum, Escargot et Vin.

Seeking legal advice as we speak

Archived