The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Howard's joining Colorado Rapids at the end of the season. He's been great over the years but it was fairly inevitable that he'd be away. Hopefully they try and get someone else in as I'm not convinced by Robles at all.

• 1 month later...

As general point, what would you rather do: finish 12th in the EPL and win the FA Cup or finish 6th/7th in the league with no cup run?

Everton have had a poor league campaign, but a cup win is surely a bit more interesting than competing for a Europa League place once again.  If they do win it, the target would then be to push on in the league again next year whilst going on another cup run.

Morning ... :)

The sad thing about last night is that most of us expected defeat, and likely by a comfortable margin. To lose a derby is one thing, but to lose it in the way Everton did is quite another. Even before Funes Mori's red card (which, by the way, was fully deserved) Liverpool was clearly well on top. The two goals conceded before half-time were trademark Blues under Martinez over the last 18 months - simple cross balls that weren't defended. Origi jumped well for his but the ease in which he got the better of Stones was embarrassing.

It was shooty-in after the sending off but to have only three shots on goal, with none on target, to Liverpool's 30+ is absolutely pathetic. It's clear to me that many of that side aren't playing for Martinez and I expected the poor performances would come to a head at Anfield. Truly dispiriting from an Everton viewpoint.

In terms of points gathered, the home record is one of the worst in the club's history and with defensive options looking limited (though given the way they're playing that may not be a bad thing) I can't see a hope in hell of winning on Saturday. Even if they did and went on to win the cup somehow, he's lost too much of the support. There has to be a change in the summer as the league showing last season and this, with the squad he has, isn't good enough. And the performances have been poor to boot.

As general point, what would you rather do: finish 12th in the EPL and win the FA Cup or finish 6th/7th in the league with no cup run?

Everton have had a poor league campaign, but a cup win is surely a bit more interesting than competing for a Europa League place once again. If they do win it, the target would then be to push on in the league again next year whilst going on another cup run.

If they win the cup they'll qualify for Europe anyway. Bit of a no-brainer you would think but the amount of teams that play weak teams in cup competitions so they can finish 9th or 10th is staggering.

The teams that qualify for the Europa League and then put no effort into it the folowing season really annoy me too. Then again this only happens in the Pl.

The sad thing about last night is that most of us expected defeat, and likely by a comfortable margin. To lose a derby is one thing, but to lose it in the way Everton did is quite another. Even before Funes Mori's red card (which, by the way, was fully deserved) Liverpool was clearly well on top. The two goals conceded before half-time were trademark Blues under Martinez over the last 18 months - simple cross balls that weren't defended. Origi jumped well for his but the ease in which he got the better of Stones was embarrassing.

It was shooty-in after the sending off but to have only three shots on goal, with none on target, to Liverpool's 30+ is absolutely pathetic. It's clear to me that many of that side aren't playing for Martinez and I expected the poor performances would come to a head at Anfield. Truly dispiriting from an Everton viewpoint.

In terms of points gathered, the home record is one of the worst in the club's history and with defensive options looking limited (though given the way they're playing that may not be a bad thing) I can't see a hope in hell of winning on Saturday. Even if they did and went on to win the cup somehow, he's lost too much of the support. There has to be a change in the summer as the league showing last season and this, with the squad he has, isn't good enough. And the performances have been poor to boot.

Fair play to you for coming on LP ðŸ‘. Wonder where all of the others have gone!

For the first half hour I thought Everton did ok but from there on it as one sided a derby as I've ever seen. No fight nothing. Liverpool totally dominant and could hear the vitriol towards the manager from the away end - from those who stayed! It should have been more than 4 with Liverpool just toying with them at the end.

Can't see any way he'll still be there after the end of the season.

Fair play to you for coming on LP . Wonder where all of the others have gone!

For the first half hour I thought Everton did ok but from there on it as one sided a derby as I've ever seen. No fight nothing. Liverpool totally dominant and could hear the vitriol towards the manager from the away end - from those who stayed! It should have been more than 4 with Liverpool just toying with them at the end.

Can't see any way he'll still be there after the end of the season.

I've generally lost a bit of interest in Everton this season and haven't been to anywhere near as many games as normal. Mainly due to not wanting to miss Pars games, but the football at Goodison in recent times simply hasn't been entertaining. The only aspects I've really missed are catching up with Blue mates based down Merseyside.

Agreed for half an hour it was ok but no better than that. There was still no threat and Robles had to save well twice in one on one situations. It was considerably worse than the 4-0 in Martinez's first season; at least in that one he was guilty of being a bit too open, the team overall were in good form and they caught a Liverpool team with the likes of Suarez at the top of their game. And Everton had some injuries as well.

But there's no excuses for last night. Like I say, if you lose a game, even a derby, to a better team on the day or you having an off day then you can hold your hands up and accept it while being disappointed. But it was so one-sided and utterly limp from Everton and it's the culmination of a season to 18 months of underachievement and crap performances. I don't think the fans expect the earth, but I don't think it's unreasonable to feel that squad should be capable of top half and pushing for a Europa League slot as well as going on a cup run.

I obviously hope they do it at Wembley and go all the way to win the trophy, but even then I think there's too many fans now have lost faith in his capability to take the team forward. My ST holding mates have all turned and it's almost like when Mike Walker or Walter Smith were in charge, in the sense that nobody has wanted to see him fail but it's just not working.

I don't think the new owner has invested in the club to watch pitiful displays like that one anyway, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't remember the last time I went so wild for an Everton game. First Tom Davies, who btw is cool as f**k, and then LOOKMAN. That was an unbelievable moment. I was actually losing interest in Everton a wee bit recently but not anymore. That was special. COYB

• 2 months later...