The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

A bit of a disappointing season - good wee run in Europe which ended in defeat - after elimination league form improved dramatically, thankfully.

No need to worry about European distractions next season!

League's out of reach, one of the cups anytime soon would be nice!

• 4 weeks later...

Ex-midfielder Andy King has died of a heart attack aged 58, he'll always be remembered for his goal in the 1-0 win over Liverpool at Goodison in 1978. RIP Andy.

Edited by centralTon

Ex-midfielder Andy King has died of a heart attack aged 58, he'll always be remembered for his goal in the 1-0 win over Liverpool at Goodison in 1978. RIP Andy.

Heard that on the radio on the way home - sad news. (The scary thing is, he's younger than I am.)

• 3 weeks later...

Friendly against Dundee on July 28th! Definitely going!

Also reading gossip that Deulofeu could be signing for 3 million, would be a great signing.

Aye, will try to get to this as well, definitely if our game against Getafe doesn't go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointingly lads, I think the Dundee game might be a closed doors affair. So a few of my mates down on Merseyside have been telling me anyway.

Big Dunc's been given a testimonial against Villarreal at Goodison on 2nd August, 24 hours after the final friendly at Elland Road against Leeds. Think I'll try and go down for Dunc's game.

Edited by Larbert_Par

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone going to the Hearts or Dundee games? I just got my tickets for Tynecastle, plan on heading to Dens as well. Very excited.

Was up for Dundee but can't justify spending money on a pre-season game with the next 3 Accies games being the most expensive of the season. Edited by accies1874

Anyone going to the Hearts or Dundee games? I just got my tickets for Tynecastle, plan on heading to Dens as well. Very excited.

Was going to go to Dens before the Hearts game was announced, got tickets for Tynecastle instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Dunc's been given a testimonial against Villarreal at Goodison on 2nd August, 24 hours after the final friendly at Elland Road against Leeds. Think I'll try and go down for Dunc's game.

post-35012-14385189774928_thumb.jpg

Oh dear :P

Poor start but could see it coming from a mile away. Plenty of Everton fans calling for Martinez's head on the club's Twitter which I think's a bit drastic but I'm not paying hundreds to watch them.

The team's form has been poor for a while, going back to last season. Only a late rally got them up to 11th, and performances overall weren't good. The intensity in RM's first season wasn't there; last season they were too predictable and one-paced. Opponents sussed it but RM didn't change things to suit.

If things don't pick up towards Christmas, then he'll be under pressure. I'm by no means in the Martinez out camp, but I'm worried he hasn't addressed the areas which have been glaringly obvious for a year - strengthening the defence (outwith Jagielka/Stones, there's no proven CB back up), up front (similar if Lukaku's injured) and a lack of pace in midfield. I was pleased he got Deuelofeu, but the squad's overloaded with central midfielders who are neat and tidy but sit in front of the back four.

Pienaar and Osman, much as I like them, are the other side of 30 and don't have the pace or power to mix things up a bit like an Aaron Lennon does.

Martinez has to bring fresh faces in, and that's before looking at the fixtures between now and October. It's a tough start and they have to do better than they did yesterday.

Just finished watching it there, recorded it as I was at EEP. Very accomplished away performance and one of the best of RM's reign. Lukaku was unplayable today but I think credit has to go to the decision to play Kone, and his performance. Provided a good balance in attack. Lovely finish from Barkley for his goal but he should've scored first half.

I'd have been very happy with a point down there so that's a tremendous result. John Stones again showed his quality for me too.

Very impressed and looking forward to my first visit to Goodison this season next Sunday for the City game that little bit more now.