The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

What a result today! Absolutely fantastic stuff. I managed to catch some of the game on the tv in Kirkcaldy before the derby and we were looking sharp. Just the response Moyes needed after last weeks horror show. Osmans goal...

ibvfT9pLqUCoMV.gif

MY WORD. Brilliant.

Pienaar's challenge was stupid, considering he was already on a booking. I think the boy on the receiving end made a bit of a meal of it though. I haven't seen Jelavic's goal but it sounds good, looking forward to that on MOTD.

This result leaves us 2 points behind Arsenal in 5th and 3 points ahead of Liverpool after they lost to Southampton (snigger), with us having a game in hand over them.

Think this is in order...

b9d0932551d5c8941e355ec02fed0ecd.gif

Naismith hasn't really proven popular, as he looks a bit lost in games at times. But his best position I've always felt is behind the striker, which he's never had a chance at in the Everton side.

That was typical of Everton to play as well as they did and beat City yesterday. It had everything the Wigan performance didn't - passion, desire, outstanding work rate and a good all round performance. I couldn't find a failure in the team, but Coleman, Gibson and Anichebe were particularly outstanding, with Coleman my MoM. Osman's goal was tremendous and the celebrations when Jelavic scored were absolutely mental. Delighted for him to finally get the goal his play has deserved.

Pienaar's second yellow I thought at the game was harsh, but having seen it again was probably the correct call. Probert had a shocker though - Mirallas offside 'goal' was clearly onside, while we got away with the Fellaini handball in the box. But we fully deserved that yesterday. City were very ordinary - Dzeko spent more time on his arse than anything - and it's clear Kompany and particularly Yaya Toure are their driving forces. Without them, they struggle.

Credit to Moyes and the team yesterday. Terrific performance and a great day out which was nicely summed up by an Everton fan in the pub we were in in Preston while waiting for our train home leading us in some impromptu singing, after Oasis' Stop Crying Your Heart out was played. GIRUY Noel and Liam. And there was a Liverpool fan in the pub who looked absolutely seething as we left.

Pleasing.

Everton v Stoke yesterday.

Never a classic by any stretch of the imagination, however, the run and goal by Mirallas was worthy of winning any game.

Mirallas, Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Jelavic (1st half) were the standouts for Everton.

First time I've been in hospitality at Goodison, and to be fair, the meal was lovely and the completely unrestricted view from the Park End compared to the Gwladys St. End was superb. Will definitely go down the hospitality route next time I go down.

Agreed.

Basel made them work for it, and Bale's injury if it keeps him out is good news.

centralTon, would you recommend the hospitality? I'm down there for hospitality next weekend, and never had it at Goodison before.

Agreed.

Basel made them work for it, and Bale's injury if it keeps him out is good news.

centralTon, would you recommend the hospitality? I'm down there for hospitality next weekend, and never had it at Goodison before.

Our hospitality was in the Peoples Club Lounge and was ideal for us as I was down with my wife. The meal was very good and the view we had from our section of the Park End was fantastic, though it did lack a wee bit of the atmosphere that the Gwladys usually has.

The pay bar wasn't too expensive (they had a deal on bottles of Chang) and the half-time cuppa certainly heated us up in the bitterly cold conditions. We could've stayed in the Bar for a while after the game, but decided to just have the one drink to allow the crowd to disperse.

Jim Pearson, ex Everton, Newcastle and St. Johnstone player was our host and very professional he was too.

Hope you enjoy the experience, and hopefully, another 3 points.

Which Lounge are you in Larbert_Par?

I think we had to win today if we were to have any chance of clinching 4th spot. Shame to lose a late goal but apparently the fair result.

Everton probably deserved the win tbh. Tottenham were rediculously toothless without Bale.

I think we had to win today if we were to have any chance of clinching 4th spot. Shame to lose a late goal but apparently the fair result.

I thought a draw was fair, over the piece. Spurs had so much of the ball and they were pretty impressive, even without their top guys. Their play in the middle, with the full-backs bombing on at pace was great/terrifying to watch.

Everton played well, almost pulled off the perfect away performance after an abysmal start to the game. How do you kick off, and lose a goal within 40 seconds? Ridiculous. Vic absolutely ragdolled Dawson and Caulker, they had no idea what to do with him, just a shame he couldn't finish of what was a fine performance with his chance at the end.

Gibson was a bit poor, didn't really offer a great deal but Spurs were on top of him (and everyone else, actually) constantly, closing down everything. The desire to play out from the back was a bit frustrating, and almost cost them a few times. I'm not generally a 'LUMP IT UP THE PAAAARK' looney, but given how much joy Vic was getting out of their back four, it might've been a better option.

Knees and shins are bashed to blazes after Mirallas' goal and half a dozen scousers landing on top of me. Top goal.

Love a bit of pyro:

8630154420_7d7916ccb4_b.jpg