The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Centre half that didn't really make it at Celtic, playing career mainly in lower leagues, good Championship managerial record, intelligent guy that can string sentences together...don't know what on earth Moyes would see in Mackay to recommend him as his successor.

I reckon if we start a "Lennon to sign for Everton on Sunday" thread and about half a dozen of us tweet something similar on Twitter we could have BBC, Sly, Talkshite etc all falling for it hook line and sinker....

Of course if wee Neil does go to Everton I'd be expecting a percentage as commission!

On my visits I've always found Goodison to be ok for atmosphere. They get behind their team but do scream hysterically for every refereeing decision! Nice 'proper' ground a bit like Villa, I've always liked it when I've been. Been a few years though.

Okay so lets get up to date with this...

Lennon has said today that "Wants more Celtic Years" suggesting he won't take the job. Pleasing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Malkay Mackay, any more mention of him? I don't know much about him tbh. I'd imagine he would want to stay with Cardiff after getting them promoted.

Roberto Martinez was asked about the job after the cup final win today but he didn't reveal anything.

Between these two managers, who would be your choice? I'm inclined to go for Martinez. An all round nice guy who has been doing a similar job keeping Wigan in the premier league (for now) as Moyes has by keeping us near the top, with limited resources.

To even think about entertaining lennon is laughable.

Its cute though. It makes Celtic think they're worth something.

Realistically, Martinez is a possibility but i'm still not sure.

Is it true Everton are letting him keep all the trophies he won?! :P

Seriously...a good read that. Interesting the bit about him having mellowed. The last 2/3 years he's spoke with a fairness that's quite rare amongst managers. Wonder if his new mentor will change that.

Howard Kendall quoted as saying Big Duncan Disorderly would be "perfect" to succeed Moyes.

Is he back on the floor polish again?

I read that - and shuddered.