The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

His record for a 21 year old in the BLP is good, I think he'll go onto be a very good player.

I don't think he'll improve much further, and he'll never get near the level Drogba was at, which was the initial hype

Just been reported on the BBC at £28m! Can't see much sell on value if any at that price tbh.

No, its a crazy price really. Some will probably call it a good deal due to the ridiculous fees flying about the EPL this Summer, but he's not really worth almost £30m

fantastic signing for everton, 28mill is a good deal for them given their lack of options up front, his age, and his knowledge of the EPL already

and while everton will probably never get to the CL again, if Lukaku can keep them top 6 for 5 seasons the prize money, extra ST's sold etc will make a massive dent in that 28mill paid

I don't think he'll improve much further, and he'll never get near the level Drogba was at, which was the initial hype

Drogba hadn't even made his professional debut by the time he was Lukaku's age. He was nearly 24 before he played a top flight match.

Drogba hadn't even made his professional debut by the time he was Lukaku's age. He was nearly 24 before he played a top flight match.

I know

Well, well, well. That is some signing, jaw dropping really. 28 million? Where did that come from!

Lukaku is a top, top player - he showed this last season for us. His head is very much in the game, he's very intelligent and just wants to play football. He said he wants to be the best in the world. He has ambition and he'll get the game time at Everton. It's a wise move for him and I think he'll just get better and better. This, along with Barkley signing on, is excellent news. Good times at Goodison.

Superb news. Great signing obviously, but that's a real statement of intent from the club - probably not one as big as that since the 80's and the glories of Howard Kendall. If Everton are serious about competing for Champions League and trophies, then something like this was badly needed.

It's a big transfer fee, but he's only 21 and will improve. Everton have realised they have to pay the going rate for players if they want to keep up with the top clubs. Excellent stuff.

Are Everton not pretty fucked financially?

They certainly like to play that card despite the fact they've not missed a season in the PL. Don't know where the money has gone?

Not "fucked" financially but the club don't have as much spare cash to splash around as others. Kenwright isn't as loaded as other owners, and the stadium for example will not bring in as much revenue for the club as what those with new grounds will. Also, although EFC haven't splashed out loads of cash on transfer fees (until Lukaku), they did have a very high wage bill. Johnny Heitinga for example was on around £80,000 a week when at the club - and he fell out of favour completely towards the end of his time there.

We're apparently signing a few players from Everton on loan.

We've been linked with Hope, Kennedy ,Pennington etc. Was told there's a midfielder that's supposed to be more highly rated than Barkley might be coming to us too.

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I didn't really think Lukaku would sign you know, fantastic piece of business by the club and a real statement of intent as was mentioned earlier.

I'd still like to see another central defender arrive before the start of the season, but I can't see there's much left in the purse. The only thing that concerns me is the fear that this might be the same as Spurs did last summer - spending money in anticipation of selling Gareth Bale - or maybe I'm reading too much into Ross Barkley's new deal.

Exciting times ahead...

Everton have offered us the following players

Conor McAleny, John Lundstrom, Chris Long, Luke Garbutt, Shane Duffy, Matt Kennedy and Tyias Browning all on loan.

Hallum Hope is to feature in the first team this season

As soon as i heard the Naismith story, i knew the Zombies would be raging about it :lol:,

Naismith has been buying the unemployed folk of Liverpool tickets for evertons home games. He really is a fucking horrible wee b*****ding c**t of a man.

Just think had we not "died" what wonderful things this wee cretinous b*****d might have done for us, let's hope Everton don't change hands and company or he will owe them nothing.at all and probably take his tickets back.

Disgusting wee p***k

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272116