The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

It's hard to judge Martinez, lots of managers can come in and do well in the short term, we'll need to give it a few years before really judge his time at Everton, especially next season when he won't have the likes of Lukaku.

Yesterday was a bit of a bugger. In the second half Everton did enough to get at least draw but only good goalkeeping and bad luck stopped the ball going in - wasn't the team's day at all.

Even before the penalty and red card Everton weren't at their usual tempo; it was pretty slow and sluggish. Sunderland throughout offered little but their defence and keeper held firm so fair play to them. Colossal screw up between Howard / Osman - Osman's back pass was utterly dreadful. Howard should've let the boy round him and score to keep 11 men on the park - no complaints over the penalty or red card.

It was one of those days but hopefully the team will bounce back on Sunday. But that's Barry and Howard both banned, while I'm unsure if Mirallas will make it after going off at half time.

Off to watch Roberto's swashbuckling Blues hopefully rattle in a few against Sunderland who generally have an appalling record at fortress Goodison.

COYB.

As soon as I read this I instantly thought "you've absolutely jinxed us here LP, what are you doing?!" Sure enough we got beat. I hope you've learnt your lesson!

Great result today and nice to see Lukaku back on the scoresheet. As it stands we're in 4th...could be glorious viewing.*

*this is not intended to jinx us, anything could happen...

As soon as I read this I instantly thought "you've absolutely jinxed us here LP, what are you doing?!" Sure enough we got beat. I hope you've learnt your lesson!

Great result today and nice to see Lukaku back on the scoresheet. As it stands we're in 4th...could be glorious viewing.*

*this is not intended to jinx us, anything could happen...

:lol:

Aye, I kinda had it in my head that it may come back to bite me on the arse, but I thought, Christ, Sunderland never beat us. I apologise :(

I'm going to the QPR cup game next week. I'll make no further comment.

Heitigna will go, and the rumour mill has it that QPR want Jelavic. Martinez wants to keep him, but Jela looks like wanting guaranteed first team football in World Cup year. He played well today and took his goals well - his first was an excellent strike.

All four goals were well worked and once we went ahead it was a question of how many. QPR were pleasingly shite (dismal club and they have Redknapp) but we played very well. Always in control and with a bit more luck we could've scored more than four but Jela made a mess of the penalty.

No failures in the team but I must point out Alcaraz and young John Stones at the back - they strolled that game and were terrific all afternoon. Very encouraged by that given the changes (some enforced) made to the team.

Good attendance too and a top day out. Great to hear Andy Johnson get an excellent reception when came on for QPR as a sub too.