The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since there's been some chatter in here...don't know if anyone knows (I've only found out today) but we'll be having Umbro kits next season. We've only had Nike for 2 so I'm very surprised by this news. Pretty pleased though, I like Umbro - they're old school.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/02/04/boss-unveils-new-umbro-partnership

As for the FA Cup, thoughts on the draw? I'll admit I was delighted Liverpool got knocked out, I'm not sure I could have dealt with facing them after last time <_<

We've been dealt a very short straw in the dra' IMO but if you're going to go on to lift the cup then you've got to be ready to face anyone. I don't think we've ever beaten Arsenal at the Emirates. Perhaps this is our time.

Tough draw. Looked shakey at times yesterday defensively so need to tighten up. However, the team played very well at the Emirates in the league so absolutely no reason why we can't go there and get a result. Will be very difficult though.

I don't think we've ever beaten Arsenal at the Emirates. Perhaps this is our time.

Did you not beat them last season or the season before that?

I vaguely remember it was a slightly snowy pitch, and Pienaar scored on a counter attack by lobbing the keeper

Did you not beat them last season or the season before that?

I vaguely remember it was a slightly snowy pitch, and Pienaar scored on a counter attack by lobbing the keeper

That was a glorious moment, absolutely glorious. sadly though, Rosicky scored a last minute goal to make it 2-2.

That was a glorious moment, absolutely glorious. sadly though, Rosicky scored a last minute goal to make it 2-2.

Ah fair enough, genuinely no idea why I still remember that goal, just popped into my head

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was a fantastic win last night. Barkley's goal was something else, some boy. Osmans goal and the build up to it were excellent. With Arsenal slipping up again, and us having a game in hand (home at Palace I think?) it makes me wonder - do we have enough to get that precious 4th spot?

I think that's a great touch from the club. As Bill Kenwright said during one of the recent memorial services at Anfield - the door is always open at Goodison.

Really proud of Everton for that. JFT96.

As for last night, brilliant performance and result. Sets things up nicely for Arsenal a week on Sunday if a result can be gained against Fulham!

Great result today.

Next up, the grudge match against Arsenal. What a massive, massive game that is.

Yeh, looked much better when Naismith came on.

Was supposed to be going down for the game next week, but will try to catch it in a bar in Bratislava instead.