The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Through to the last 16. Liverpool out. £30 richer after my £1 accumulator came in. It's been a good night :D

So Everton will fly the Europa League flag for Britain now. The draw for the next round is tomorrow. Going to be a tough task whoever you get at this stage but the only teams I hope to avoid are the likes of Dynamo Kiev, Zenit or any teams that are miles and miles away.

COYB

Draw was a bit of a b*****d on the pretence I had designs on going to the away leg. A load of my mates have been to all the aways in Europe this season except for Krasnodar and each trip has looked epic.

Still, booked up to go down to the first leg and the Newcastle game on the Sunday. Going to be a tough tie and it's vital we have a lead of sorts going into the second leg.

Hard game today at Arsenal today, a venue we struggle at big time. Would be delighted to sneak a draw tbh.

Draw was a bit of a b*****d on the pretence I had designs on going to the away leg. A load of my mates have been to all the aways in Europe this season except for Krasnodar and each trip has looked epic.

Still, booked up to go down to the first leg and the Newcastle game on the Sunday. Going to be a tough tie and it's vital we have a lead of sorts going into the second leg.

Hard game today at Arsenal today, a venue we struggle at big time. Would be delighted to sneak a draw tbh.

So would I, but I can't see that happening, quite frankly.

Edited by Jacksgranda

• 2 weeks later...

Martinez saying he doesn't blame the defence for tonights result.

What is he all about? Why can't he just admit the defence was shocking tonight?

Glad Stones is better. Been missing him badly IMO. Defence really could have done with some "Stones" tonight

Everton's defence has been poor for most of the season. Alacaraz and Jagielka rarely play well together. Baines is not great defensively and gets caught out too often. The squad is a bit thin with a few players out injured.

Martinez needs a few new players in the summer. His latest lame "excuse" is to call for a winter break to help English clubs in Europe. Perhaps a new manager is needed too.

• 2 weeks later...

That was lovely. Sign Lennon please Roberto. John Stones is a future Blues captain IMO.

Great defensive display and the tactics to hit United on the break were spot on. Looking forward to attending the final two home games - just a pity the team haven't played like they have in the last 5/6 games for most of the season.

That was lovely. Sign Lennon please Roberto. John Stones is a future Blues captain IMO.

Great defensive display and the tactics to hit United on the break were spot on. Looking forward to attending the final two home games - just a pity the team haven't played like they have in the last 5/6 games for most of the season.

Oh aye Everton must be winning again there's life on here ;)

Great win today.

Not good enough today, infact I'd say the scoreline flattered us. There was little to no cutting edge up front and no willing runners meaning that the midfield had little options available. Frustrating to hell after the Man U game :(

Everton were filthy. Seemed to spend most of the game trying to injure Delph. Lukaku is a top player, though. Oh, and has Gareth Barry dyed his hair?

f**k knows what is going on with Barrys head. Shocking performance from the blues though :(