The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Would take a draw here.

Remember going to Sunderland on Hogmanay 2005, and Sunderland, Mick McCarthy's appalling Sunderland, absolutely battered Everton for 89 minutes, but couldn't score. We scored in the last minute with a Cahill header to win 1-0 - cue bonkers celebrations. Great day :D

Something similar today would be ideal - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Really wanted to attend this one seeing as its one of the closest away games but can't afford it. This will be a very tough game i think, O'Neil's Sunderland look rather good atm. I would probably take a draw, but seeing as we have such a good record against the mackems I'm going for an Everton win here.

COYB

Started the game really well and were on top. Poor goal to lose - shot was deflected by Distin trying to block it and it looped over Howard. Poor marking though as Sunderland broke.

We need more cutting edge up front though. But we're unfortunate to be behind.

Started the game really well and were on top. Poor goal to lose - shot was deflected by Distin trying to block it and it looped over Howard. Poor marking though as Sunderland broke.

We need more cutting edge up front though. But we're unfortunate to be behind.

That's been the problem for a wee while.

Never a penalty. Osman ran into the box, checked onto his left foot, went to strike the ball, missed it, fell over with a Sunderland player sliding in front to block the ball and one behind him and Webb gave the penalty. Sunderland have every right to feel aggrieved - there was no contact but we'll take it!

Good win today, even if the match wasn't that great. Needed 3 points as the rest of the strugglers picked up points - apart from QPR. I think Everton should be safe, but can't afford to take their foot off the pedal.

Wasn't a great game but we deserved to win against a very poor West Brom team. We kept the ball better and had more meaningful chances than them - great to see Anichebe bag the winner on his comeback. Stracqularsi did well when he went on, and Rodwell got nearly an hour after his injury, which was good.

All in all, a good day at the office.

Edited by Larbert_Par