The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I was at the game today, and Everton deserved their victory. Piennar was class in the first half, although can still be casual in possession. Distin is a very good defender. Chelsea had a lot of possession, particularly in the first half, but didn't do a lot with it. Their defence is more than suspect, and 'ladyboy' Torres was as awful as usual. Let's just say the Everton fans let him know about it as well. I always enjoy my jaunts to Goodison.

I was at the game today, and Everton deserved their victory. Piennar was class in the first half, although can still be casual in possession. Distin is a very good defender. Chelsea had a lot of possession, particularly in the first half, but didn't do a lot with it. Their defence is more than suspect, and 'ladyboy' Torres was as awful as usual. Let's just say the Everton fans let him know about it as well. I always enjoy my jaunts to Goodison.

I'm dying to get down before the end of this season but I don't think funds will allow for it! :(

Was as good a performance from Everton as it was poor from Chelsea. Putting the 2 together and Chelsea never eally looked at the races. Can't agree with "Torres was as awful as usual" though. The guy is playing well given some of the clueless performances behind him and he must be going nuts making run after run as Chelsea's midfield pass side to side, back to the full back, keeper, full back, midfield all the way across and back.....they are absolutely clueless at the moment with only Mata looking in any form. Players like Bosingwa and Luis got taught a lesson yesterday with Cahill, Stracqualursi and Fellaini completely out muscling and bullying them into submission yesterday. Maybe Chelsea will never see the best of Torres but he'll be back..maybe not with them though....actually given what I saw of Everton's style of play yesterday he'd cause havoc as a front man for them.

Was as good a performance from Everton as it was poor from Chelsea. Putting the 2 together and Chelsea never eally looked at the races. Can't agree with "Torres was as awful as usual" though. The guy is playing well given some of the clueless performances behind him and he must be going nuts making run after run as Chelsea's midfield pass side to side, back to the full back, keeper, full back, midfield all the way across and back.....they are absolutely clueless at the moment with only Mata looking in any form. Players like Bosingwa and Luis got taught a lesson yesterday with Cahill, Stracqualursi and Fellaini completely out muscling and bullying them into submission yesterday. Maybe Chelsea will never see the best of Torres but he'll be back..maybe not with them though....actually given what I saw of Everton's style of play yesterday he'd cause havoc as a front man for them.

Hmmm. You could have a point, but there's the small matter of Everton finding £50 000 000.......

A great result today and a fine attendance as well which is excellent. Looking forward to the highlights. Anyone know what's happening with Jelavic? Wasn't even on the bench unsure.gif

Injured, has an inflamation of the pubic bone, apparantly.

Was down at the game yesterday and it was a stroll in the park for the Blues. The 2 early goals effectively ended the game as a contest and the amount of chances created should've seen us win by 4 or 5 - Fellaini and Stracqualarsi in particular had plenty of chances. But the job was done - superb finish for the opener from Drenthe for the opener (he was superb throughout, tearing their full back apart) and a good finish from Denis from close range for the second. Blackpool stuck at it gamely and they deserve credit for not capitulating, but other than Howard tipping a Lua Lua shot onto the bar late on and the Phillips pen in stoppage time, they didn't offer much. Had we been more clinical, we'd have thumped them.

Still, happy to be in the next round and some good performances, notably Fellaini (who strolled it) Gibson in the first half particularly, Drenthe and Denis. Overall, very pleasing performance and victory, and in the quarter finals, we have a chance.

Also, a terrific crowd yesterday and Blackpool brought a good 5-6,000 with them and they backed their team for the full 90 minutes. They even applauded and sang Seamus Coleman's name when he came on as a second half sub. And was great that Landon Donavan was able to come onto the pitch at FT to get a great send off from the fans.

That sounds superb, LP. Drenthe's goal was fantastic. Wish I was there. Just seen the draw now. I'm really glad we're at home, Sunderland are going to be very tough. I think I may try and get tickets. Would be a great occasion in front of a full house biggrin.gif

Sunderland will be a hard match, but we've a good record against them at Goodison and the team are playing really well at the minute. Would expect it to be another full house.

Davie Weir signs in a coaching role. Will work with the youths and reserves, and is also eligible to play for the reserves.

Pleased with this - he'll bring excellent knowledge to the youngsters.

• 2 weeks later...

When you guys go down to Goodison, do you book tickets or do you just buy them on the day?

I buy my tickets over the phone in advance. The earlier you can get tickets the more option of seating you'll get.

Edited by jamamafegan4