The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

An excellent read Larbert Par and very gracious. I shared a few beers with an Evertonian on the train home and it was definitely a good day for Merseyside.

Yeah, obviously I was disappointed with the result but at the end of the day we can't have any complaints - we didn't do enough to win on the day. Overall, I thought it was a good atmosphere on the day and I didn't see anything getting out of hand, which was good to see.

AqebYqhCMAA1R0U.jpg

Nice touch guys. Some of us do appreciate things like that.

I actually saw a guy outside Wembley with an EFC floral tribute to the 96 before the game - it wasn't too dissimilar to that one, which was the official tribute laid by the club on Saturday night. I took a photo of an EFC "Justice for the 96" banner as well that I spotted. Evertonians were affected by it as well and I was pleased that it was remembered well on Saturday by all who were at the game. Nobody should go to a football match and not come home.

Everton could have done with him at Wembley last Saturday. I'll not say 'you' because you wereni there.

Couldn't give a shite what 'you' say, pal.

A quite unnecessary dig at myself from you, I'm happy you managed to see your team play when others aren't so fortunate.

• 2 weeks later...

Stoke tonight. Always a difficult place to go. Defeat could be on the cards here but we do need a result of some sort tonight. Can't see Fulham getting anything at Anfield tonight. Here's hoping for the win and a Jelavic goal. I'll take a draw at the very worst. COYB

• 5 weeks later...

Bumpity bump. It's been a while.

Dundee United pre season friendly, Wednesday July 18th - Tannadice. Anyone going? I will definitely be going unless Saints are away on European duty.

Edited by jamamafegan4

Dundee United pre season friendly, Wednesday July 18th - Tannadice. Anyone going? I will definitely be going unless Saints are away on European duty.

Morecambe on the 14th, granted Tannadice is probably closer for you! smile.gif

Hopefully will be going aye.

• 4 weeks later...

We have signed Steven Naismith on a four year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18701146

Our first signing so far if I believe. Thoughts on this one then? I'm unsure whether he will be able to cut it in the SPL. That said, many thought Jelavic wouldn't be good enough and look what happened there. Maybe they will form their partnership again and start banging the goals in at the top level...

We have signed Steven Naismith on a four year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18701146

Our first signing so far if I believe. Thoughts on this one then? I'm unsure whether he will be able to cut it in the SPL. That said, many thought Jelavic wouldn't be good enough and look what happened there. Maybe they will form their partnership again and start banging the goals in at the top level...

I think he'll be a useful player for Everton and their style of play, if his injury problems are definitely behind him. Full of effort and enthusiasm, may be used on the right or alongside Jelavic. I think he'll be a success.