The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Thank christ the Yak is out, as he was a certainty to score.

This will still be a difficult game - Blackburn got a good result last week but they are inconsistent. I'd like to see Saha and Cahill benched - give Anichebe a start and we've got plenty of options in midfield.

See you in t'Elm? :D

A home win today is a necessity.

Edited by Jacksgranda

A home win today is a necessity.

:( This sort of home form has only 1 end result - and it's not winning a title.

And normally I'd be quite happy with Liverpool losing, but not tonight.

At least Wolves lost, and Wigan lost their 6 pointer.

That was dross yesterday. Blackburn fully deserved their point particularly for their second half display, which they dominated for the majority.

We simply didn't get going. We were too lethargic, there was no pace or urgency and little creativity. We got a little lucky with the goal - Fellaini definitely used a hand to help it on to Cahill but it was great for him to finally get a goal.

But the second half was grim viewing. We allowed Blackburn too much time and space on the ball to knock it around, and a goal was coming. Howard had to do better with the initial ball in but Cahill was unlucky to see his clearance bounce off Goodwillie and in.

Duffy (who had a good game) did hit the bar and Felli had one cleared off the line in stoppage time, but victory would've been daylight robbery. Blackburn also hit the post first half, so they certainly deserved a point.

Some of Moyes' decisions are baffling - to start with Anichebe on the left hand side was simply bizarre. Saha was anonymous yet again but Moyes waited until ten to go to have 2 strikers on up top. Why? Blackburn had been dominating entirely throughout the half and when we did have 2 up, we looked more of a threat and urgent. Make the changes sooner ffs!

Hopefully we can pick up the performance for Fulham on Friday.

Billy close to Spartak Moscow move apparently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16691117.stm

Well, well, well. He's no great loss IMO. Never proved his worth. He may have scored some screamers and been a decent winger, but he was never worth £10 million. Hopefully some of the cash made from him will be put towards a new player - hopefully a striker at that.

Still think David Moyes should be sacked. He always claims he has no funds but the simple fact is he squanders whatever money he get's on injury prone, unreliable and poor quality players

I'm not sure if you're being serious here. unsure.gif

Edited by jamamafegan4

I'm not sure if you're being serious here. unsure.gif

Look at the story above my post. £10 million on an unproven Russian midfielder, probably on £50,000/ £60, 000 a week blink.gif and he claims he is on a tight budget! He's just very poor in the transfer market, name me a good signing and i'll name two bad uns

Tim Cahill

Louis Saha

Jermaine Beckford

Landon Donovan

Johnny Heitenga

Sylvain Distin

Marouane Fellaini

Seamus Coleman

Steven Pienaar

Dan Gosling

Manny Fernandes

Yakubu

Leighton Baines

Phil Jagielka

Tim Howard

Joleon Lescott

Andy Johnson

Phil Neville

Mikel Arteta

Joseph Yobo

If you'd said average signings then maybe you'd have a point, but bad signings? If you can name 2 particularly bad signings for each of the above then I'm sure everyone wants to hear it.

Edited by Rudy

Tim Cahill

Louis Saha

Jermaine Beckford

Landon Donovan

Johnny Heitenga

Sylvain Distin

Marouane Fellaini

Seamus Coleman

Steven Pienaar

Dan Gosling

Manny Fernandes

Yakubu

Leighton Baines

Phil Jagielka

Tim Howard

Joleon Lescott

Andy Johnson

Phil Neville

Mikel Arteta

Joseph Yobo

He has signed some shite, but if you can name 2 particularly bad signings for each of the above then I'm sure everyone wants to hear it.

For a start the ones highlighted were poor signings. Heitinga, Distin and Yobo i will give you though

For a start the ones highlighted were poor signings. Heitinga, Distin and Yobo i will give you though

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You must be on the wind up. Phil Jagielka is one of our finest players and, correct me if I'm wrong, first choice for centre back at International level. He is in no way a bad signing. You must be crazy to even suggest him.

Beckford was a free transfer from a League One side and scored 10 premier league goals in his first season. Nothing wrong with that, who's to say he wouldn't go on to score more in his next season had he not been sold?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You must be on the wind up. Phil Jagielka is one of our finest players and, correct me if I'm wrong, first choice for centre back at International level. He is in no way a bad signing. You must be crazy to even suggest him.

Beckford was a free transfer from a League One side and scored 10 premier league goals in his first season. Nothing wrong with that, who's to say he wouldn't go on to score more in his next season had he not been sold?

Jagielka is constantly injured, and was available for the same price and at the same time as Ryan Shawcross. Moyes made a poor choice. The fact Everton are crying out for a striker, and allowed him to leave 1 year into a 4 year deal pretty much explains for me how poor a signing Beckford was

Jagielka is constantly injured, and was available for the same price and at the same time as Ryan Shawcross. Moyes made a poor choice. The fact Everton are crying out for a striker, and allowed him to leave 1 year into a 4 year deal pretty much explains for me how poor a signing Beckford was

I would disagree that he is constantly injured. He has been unlucky with injuries but nevertheless, he is still regarded as one of the top English defenders. Man United were rumoured to be interested in him if I remember correctly. Beckford was sold because or our money woes - getting him on a free and then selling for 4 million is fairly good business. I wouldn't say that he was a poor signing at all, nor Jags.

The bottom line is that even though we have almost no money to spend, Moyes has led the team to decent top half finishes in the table. He's doing a tremendous job - in Moyes we trust.

I would disagree that he is constantly injured. He has been unlucky with injuries but nevertheless, he is still regarded as one of the top English defenders. Man United were rumoured to be interested in him if I remember correctly. Beckford was sold because or our money woes - getting him on a free and then selling for 4 million is fairly good business. I wouldn't say that he was a poor signing at all, nor Jags.

The bottom line is that even though we have almost no money to spend, Moyes has led the team to decent top half finishes in the table. He's doing a tremendous job - in Moyes we trust.

laugh.gif in the past 2 season how much has he played? And Manchester United were never interested, the newspapers try and second guess teams, and when a players in form he will be linked with lots of clubs. Beckford was a poor signing, he never secured a starting spot ahead of Saha for fucks sake laugh.gif and i heard he left for £2.5 million

He was doing well a few years ago, but you's have been going backwards ever since. And like Wenger i think he's lost enthusiasm for the job

Getting £5m for Bilyaletdinov is daylight robbery, despite paying £10m to get him.

Great result for us if he goes.

That'll be England international centre back Phil Jagielka, versus Ryan Shawcross who's done what exactly, apart from snap Aaron Ramsey?

Beckford left because the club are skint and Kenwright and the board decided to cash in. £4 million for a striker signed for free made good business sense to them. He was coming into form towards the end of last season and I'm sure if Moyes had the choice, he'd have kept him.