A great feeling at Cappielow..

At the game on saturday I still heard some abuse towards Fitzpatrick who had improved significantly from the previous saturday, in which the abuse dished out was still excessive. Guess some people just have vendettas against some folk!

At the game on saturday I still heard some abuse towards Fitzpatrick who had improved significantly from the previous saturday, in which the abuse dished out was still excessive. Guess some people just have vendettas against some folk!

I admit that I am not a big fan of Fitzpatrick and have shouted at him for "being shite" in previous weeks, but I thought he had his best game in a Morton shirt yesterday and I hope it continues. Like I always say, I'd rather see crap players who give 100% for the team than good players who look like they cannot be arsed.

Edited by IainMorton

I admit that I am not a big fan of Fitzpatrick and have shouted at him for "being shite" in previous weeks, but I thought he had his best game in a Morton shirt yesterday and I hope it continues. Like I always say, I'd rather see crap players who give 100% for the team than good players who look like they cannot be arsed.

Same, I criticise all players equally if they are playing poor but some of the shite coming from folk was too much. if Fitzpatrick continues to play like he did yesterday then the boo boys will move onto someone new..

Like I always say, I'd rather see crap players who give 100% for the team than good players who look like they cannot be arsed.

I don't mean this particularly in a Morton context at all, but I feel pretty much the opposite way.

On a personal level, the hundred percenter is perhaps less deserving of abuse, but in terms of who I'd want to see at the club, give me relative class over industry any day.

Same, I criticise all players equally if they are playing poor but some of the shite coming from folk was too much. if Fitzpatrick continues to play like he did yesterday then the boo boys will move onto someone new..

I don't think the fact that us being in the position we are in right now is helping. The fans know that we need to get 100% from the eleven players on the park in every game to get out of this mess, so when players aren't playing as well as we are expecting them, the fans get tense and wound up and start shouting abuse, which then relays onto the pitch and that affects the players which makes their confidence drop even more. We need the fans to get behind the players for the whole match, no matter how we are playing. The second half of the game yesterday was probably the loudest the Shed has been all season, all because we were playing well and we were pushing them on to get a goal.

Being at the bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face isn't an easy place to be, the players need our support, not us shouting abuse at them.

Point clawed back on Cowdenbeath. Chin up lads :whistle

See you say that facetiously and yet it could be a big point. In terms of goal difference we're currently eight goals worse off than Cowdenbeath and eight points behind. Gaining that extra point means that should we win our remaining two games with Cowdenbeath we'd then be within a realistic striking distance of them as opposed to be three points behind but with a goal difference gap too big to claw back in one match.

And I say that as someone who likes you as a poster by the way.

It seems like mission impossible but Morton can get it back. I'm not sure how and it would be the biggest comeback since Lazarus but it can be done, however unlikely.

It's a funny old game...

Cheers mate. It will be difficult not to finish tenth and the way Dunfermline are going just now, they'd make tough opposition in the playoffs.

The thing is though, such is the gap to Cowdenbeath that we'll need to have been playing really well to make up the ground to even get the playoff spot. Should we do it, it'll mean we're going into the playoffs playing well and then we might have a shot.

Clutching at straws perhaps but why worry about something that might never happen. I'll remain hopeful until we're down and life will go on even if we do.

Bold prediction...........if Falkirk beat Cowdenbeath on Saturday (something we rarely do on their patch), and Morton beat Livvy, then Morton definitely, absolutely will make the play off spot.

Bold prediction...........if Falkirk beat Cowdenbeath on Saturday (something we rarely do on their patch), and Morton beat Livvy, then Morton definitely, absolutely will make the play off spot.

Bold prediction!! Crazy prediction more like!