A great feeling at Cappielow..

Genuine condolences on the events and loss of Saturday. Horrible to hear what happened, thoughts in particular go to all related to the sadly deceased supporter, and those who were in attendance.

On a lighter note, the morton forum continues to crack me up. After the smelly wee w@nk thread, the latest comedy gold is the sunday mail - robertson thread. Spot the dimwit :rolleyes::shutup:lol:

Genuine condolences on the events and loss of Saturday. Horrible to hear what happened, thoughts in particular go to all related to the sadly deceased supporter, and those who were in attendance.

On a lighter note, the morton forum continues to crack me up. After the smelly wee w@nk thread, the latest comedy gold is the sunday mail - robertson thread. Spot the dimwit :rolleyes::shutup:lol:

Oh dear. :lol:

It's hilarious to see the fan of a club entering its 95th year living in our long, cold and dark shadow desperately rebranding their status as 'taunting'. Nobody's impressed.

That can't be a 95th successive year surely?

Do you really get shadows that can be cast upwards over a distance of two divisions?

As has already been established, VT cannot remember many seasons when his team have finished above us in the league. I think at the last count it was three.

Morton and QotS fans arguing over club stature. How cute.

Abysmal stuff and the kind of result that really makes you worry about the future and I mean beyond the immediate prospect of relegation. Shiels's insistence on a 'philosophy' of football at this level, with these players, in this situation is the kind of fantastical, pie-in-the-sky, nonsense that's permeated football these last five years or so. The pursuit of possession and a style over all else has killed many a clubs' prospects in recent times and there is nothing wrong with playing to your strengths. Though in the case of Morton at the moment, it is very difficult to see what those are. That and some already exceedingly questionable signings and departures make me question if this is the correct man to take us forward. Combine that with a number of poor contracts that we don't get off the books until summer 2015 and then the financial and infrastructural consequences that would come with our likely relegation and tonight was the embodiment of a concern for the club which extends beyond an impending relegation.

That said, given that we are still only seven points off of a chance at survival and we are approaching a set of fixtures which gives us Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa all at home in three out of four weeks, relegation can't be conceded yet as I heard a few around me say in the second half tonight.

Bad, bad night though.

Combined transfer fees paid for Morton's new strikeforce = £8.35million 8)

edit - that will be transfer fees paid in their careers, not by Morton, before some smart arse comes along trying to be funny.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child