Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

We'll never know how many fans were ticketless. They clearly existed, whether it was a couple of dozen or a few hundred. Forest's average, according to that blog, was around 24,000; Liverpool's around 40,000. Forest's fan base would surely have been adequately catered for with that end of the ground.

Well the Liverpool end held 14000, and the Forest end held 21000... seemingly they were allocated that way to correspond to travel routes, to reduce the chance of fans passing each other outside the ground and trouble starting. But it's been concluded that ticketless Liverpool fans weren't prevalent, nor a meaningful contributory factor, and the stand wasn't over capacity.

Therefore, given ticketless Liverpool fans weren't prevalent, the disaster could conceivably have befallen any capacity/near-capacity crowd using that stand if the circumstances coincided as they did.

That would've included Forest if demand equated to half or more their home average, which seemingly was the case.

Not a major issue, btw, just I didn't understand your point.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Exploiting the deaths of 96 football fans is scumbag behaviour IMO.

With posts such as that, you must be one of the most mentally sick members of this forum. Does your mental health carer know that you troll internet forums?...no need to answer, you are probably posting from Carstairs and don't even know that you are there. wink.gif

my guess is that it's exponential

If say 10 or 15 guys push at the tunnel exit into the pen, their force or motion just transmits through the crowd.

I don't know the science behind it but at a guess.

Could An 8 stone wee man pushing at the top of the slope downward snowball to crush someone bigger at the bottom despite the bodies of people in between dampening the full effect to some extent?

Every action has a reaction. My experience of standing on old football terracing was when in a crowd feeling pressure coming from behind, it was an instantaneous and perfectly natural reaction as a crowd to push back with your back (and turn around and use arms if/when required). I really don't know enough about the Hillsborough terracing that Liverpool fans were standing on that day to give an opinion on how it could have happened. Only those who have stood on that terracing and were actually there on the day of the tragedy have a right to comment on its causes imo.

Too many immature/mentally sick arseholes have been posting drivel and hatred on this thread as everyone reading it can see. For that reason, i'm off - Seeeeeyaaaaa's.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Good old South Yorkshire Police. My dad got his nose broken by one of that lot during picketing in the 84 miners strike.

The fact he was 1- A miner 2-Irish 3-Living in Scotland meant he was public enemy #1 for the force he called 'Thatchers boot boys', most nasty vicous b*****ds of all the police forces he said.

Edited by magee84

Fed up reading the shite on this thread, some wallopers need to take a good hard look at themselves, it appears to be easier to continue besmirching people rather than find some contrition, a sure fire sign of a pussy.

Fed up reading the shite on this thread, some wallopers need to take a good hard look at themselves, it appears to be easier to continue besmirching people rather than find some contrition, a sure fire sign of a pussy.

I'd say it's more down to the length of time people have held their opinions for. The few sentences in the Taylor report allowed them to continue with the same negative view of the fans.

Another review and possible criminal convictions for those responsible for the cover up should see them change their stance on the subject.

I would also suggest a boycott of the Sun , but one step at a time eh :)

I'd say it's more down to the length of time people have held their opinions for. The few sentences in the Taylor report allowed them to continue with the same negative view of the fans.

Another review and possible criminal convictions for those responsible for the cover up should see them change their stance on the subject.

I would also suggest a boycott of the Sun , but one step at a time eh :)

You can hardly take everything in the Taylor report as kosher, unless you're supposing everyone involved only lied/covered up to everyone else.

And I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Sun so I can hardly boycott it.

You can hardly take everything in the Taylor report as kosher, unless you're supposing everyone involved only lied/covered up to everyone else.

And I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Sun so I can hardly boycott it.

Agreed about the Taylor report.

you might want to re-read my post , if you've taken it as a reference to yourself.

I dont buy The Sun but when im in the shop buying my Daily Spo..... i mean Daily Record i usually flick the front page over and have a quick glance at whatever story is on the third page.

Edited by magee84