Grand Theft Auto V

It's crazy to think what this game series came from to what is is now. I wonder if when they made their game with the birdseye view and graphics that weren't even all that good even for a PS1 that they had any idea what it would become.

The thing is, it's a pretty simple game which attracts a lot of people due to the violence and grand theft. Back in the bird eye view games, I can't even remember doing missions, I just did what anyone else would do. They have obviously added a great storyline over the years which has increased popularity as well.

Not sure what people were expecting, the trailer looks really good, maybe it was just the music but it made me think of VC. I don't think I've ever preordered a game before but how could I not? I was initially thinking of waiting to see if there would be a price war but not only will there not I'm happy to pay full price for this

Not sure what people were expecting, the trailer looks really good, maybe it was just the music but it made me think of VC. I don't think I've ever preordered a game before but how could I not? I was initially thinking of waiting to see if there would be a price war but not only will there not I'm happy to pay full price for this

It's one of those games that kinds of transcends price, isn't it? They could have charged £80 for it and I'd still have pre-ordered the fucker.

I think I may have minorly ballsed up when I order this from Green Man Gaming. I selected First Class postage but would it really have mattered with it being a pre-order?

The difference is you'll get it a day (or two at most) earlier than if you'd used regular postage,

If you're away to buy a console, I'd hold off until the ps4 or Xbox1 comes out. Throwing £200 at a console that'll be getting fizzed out in about 12 months is not something I'd do.

I'm moving back to Playstation when the new one comes out, paying to get online and inability to rent/get a shot of games for the 1 has seen to that.

That was my main worry, that the consoles are ancient now and new ones are on the way. GTA5 will run on both of the new consoles? If so, seems pretty clearcut to go the PS route.

Neither of the new consoles are backwards compatible, so GTA 5 won't work on either of them.

Fuckballs.

That's me sticking with PC gaming then. Might see a shit port of GTA5 to the PC by 2016 :thumbsdown

Edited by banana

Fuckballs.

That's me sticking with PC gaming then. Might see a shit port of GTA5 to the PC by 2016 :thumbsdown

Xbox180 and PS4 use the same architecture as PC so the ports will be a lot easier to do and you'll see them a lot sooner. Hopefully that means they will be of higher quality. Hope to also see PC only games in the past make their way to consoles. Really want to play that Amnesia Dark Desent game

I am considering buying a console just for this.

What are the pros and cons of each system?

Wait til the new ones come out then pick up a PS3 for buttons, some cracking games on there you cant get on xbox plus the bluray player if you dont have one

Just a thought actually; I wonder if you will be able to choose which character you start controlling first, or if it's set as someone in particular.

All the characters wont be available from the outset. I reckon you will start with Michael then proceed in the story and meet Trevor & Franklin about 10-15 missions in.