Grand Theft Auto V

I couldn't go 4, bought it a while after its release and barely played through it. Too many annoying little things (like fucking phone calls every couple of minutes from p***ks like your cousin!) as well as the massive shift in gameplay from the likes of Vice City and San Andreas to try and make it more realistic, they didn't work for me.

Only downfall with 4 was there was no real playback ability. You completed it and then nothing.

I couldn't go 4, bought it a while after its release and barely played through it. Too many annoying little things (like fucking phone calls every couple of minutes from p***ks like your cousin!) as well as the massive shift in gameplay from the likes of Vice City and San Andreas to try and make it more realistic, they didn't work for me.

The story in 4 was great I thought, even the DLC had really good story. I think maybe the addition of achievements made them think they didnt have to add too much for post story fun, I was fine with just achievements but I get some people dont give a shit. Also if you have a few friends the multiplayer is pretty fun for just arsing about, if 4's gameplay was in San Andreas world it'd be my favourite

I didn't quite connect with 4. Things like the car mechanics and having to stop and pay at the toll booth, sapped my enjoyment from the game. I'm sure if I persisted with it, I could ignore them but I just gave up.

I couldn't get into IV, after I'd completed it I just had no interest in replaying it. I did get The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony last week though. I played TLAD first, felt it was an improvement, quite enjoyable although obviously short. Now I'm playing through Tony and it is fucking tremendous. The emphasis is on ridiculous fun rather than realism and it's a much, much better experience than IV for it.

When this comes out, for the sake of my marriage I intend on moving my 360 from the living room to the bedroom.

Can't think of a time where I have been this excited about a game coming out!

I didn't quite connect with 4. Things like the car mechanics and having to stop and pay at the toll booth, sapped my enjoyment from the game. I'm sure if I persisted with it, I could ignore them but I just gave up.

I couldn't get into IV, after I'd completed it I just had no interest in replaying it. I did get The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony last week though. I played TLAD first, felt it was an improvement, quite enjoyable although obviously short. Now I'm playing through Tony and it is fucking tremendous. The emphasis is on ridiculous fun rather than realism and it's a much, much better experience than IV for it.

I thought it was dedicated to the realism of its own world and I appreciate that. I like that the cars are tough to control at high speed because thats how it is in real life. Tollbooths are a pain but again it's all about the realism.

As much as I love BOGT, the story especially, I hope it's not the direction they go with the world of 5. Saints Row has a stranglehold on the ridiculous free roamer market, GTA's territory is parody rather than stupidity and they need to stick to that.

Realism is good if it doesn't detract from the fun. Answering phones, pissing about with toll-booths etc isn't fun. Driving like a maniac around a city killing c***s left right and centre is. Hope there's more of that to be had in the new iteration or it'll be back to Saint's Row for me.

Realism is good if it doesn't detract from the fun. Answering phones, pissing about with toll-booths etc isn't fun. Driving like a maniac around a city killing c***s left right and centre is. Hope there's more of that to be had in the new iteration or it'll be back to Saint's Row for me.

Pretty much this, it took away from the ridiculous fun that I'd experienced in Vice City and San Andreas (didn't play either of the Stories version)

I replayed 4 recently and enjoyed it massively, it's got some great characters, linke manny from the streets, and I kinda like that it's slightly toned down form the predecessors. Realism is pushing it a bit...

I still play 4 quite regularly. Just to see if I can find wee things I haven't seen before. Sometimes just to drive into that mental swing that catapults you miles.

I replayed 4 recently and enjoyed it massively, it's got some great characters, linke manny from the streets, and I kinda like that it's slightly toned down form the predecessors. Realism is pushing it a bit...

Realism of it's own parodied version of the world is the most accurate description

Some people actually stop at the tolbboths?!

:lol:

I remember being bored and putting it GTA on, and deciding I'd just drive about all day. Stopping at lights, not speeding, and paying at toll booths. I think I managed two minutes before spotting a ramp, going full pelt at it, somebody walked out in front of me and got fucking thrown for miles. I went over the ramp and ploughed straight into someone in front of a police car, and within five minutes of deciding I'd be a law abiding citizen I was perched behind a Hospital Reception throwing grenades at a SWAT team :lol:

I remember being bored and putting it GTA on, and deciding I'd just drive about all day. Stopping at lights, not speeding, and paying at toll booths. I think I managed two minutes before spotting a ramp, going full pelt at it, somebody walked out in front of me and got fucking thrown for miles. I went over the ramp and ploughed straight into someone in front of a police car, and within five minutes of deciding I'd be a law abiding citizen I was perched behind a Hospital Reception throwing grenades at a SWAT team :lol:

I fucking love jumps :P

Green one for that.

I Usually be a Law abiding citizen at the start of the game to get the feel of the map around me.