Grand Theft Auto V

They did say that they would be pushing the current gen to the maximum. Could you imagine what they could make for the bloody next gen?

I don't like Xbox live. But GTA is making me want it more and more. I'm tempted just to fucking get it for that alone.

They did say that they would be pushing the current gen to the maximum. Could you imagine what they could make for the bloody next gen?

I don't like Xbox live. But GTA is making me want it more and more. I'm tempted just to fucking get it for that alone.

I would Imagine this would be the case. Online Mode is supposedly a totally different game from GTA V.

For anyone interested, I'm setting up a crew along the lines of the Lost MC. Gimme a message if any of you want to join

Given the scope of what they can do, I'm starting to rethink my previous statement of it being developed for next gen too, I dont think they'd be putting up an online project of this size when the 360 and PS3 only have a good year or so left in them. If that's the case it'll likely be released about the same time as PC version rather than anytime near the next gen launch, probably 9 months away or so?

The older I've been getting, the less amount and variety of games I've been playing. If truth be told, I've not played anything on my ps3 other than FIFA 13 for f**k knows how long.

But this...

THIS

This has the potential to utterly consume my life and put my chances of earning a degree in severe jeopardy.

This could end my marriage as it will probably be more addictive than crack. I'll come out of my spare room one day with a big grey beard and my kids will be in their twenties

I told my wife to find herself a new man for a few months as I've got this and Rome 2 coming out soon.

I won't be around for a while!!

An interview with the man himself Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North. Clicky Link

The more I read, the more exited I get. I doubt I will be playing anything else for............about a year or so. Thank god I never had much of a social life to begin with [sobs quietly into my cornflakes]

Prepare to spend the next month trying to avoid spoilers.

Grand Theft Auto V, the game, has leaked onto download sites around the world. Coming as a huge blow to the makers, Rockstar Games, who spent a massive 5 years or more building the game since it's predecessor GTA IV was released.

Showing only as Pema-GTA5 the game rocks in (pardon the pun) at 15.87GB though there are a couple of variations on size as is usual in the underverse.

However you look at it, this is a leak that will shake the game to it's very core.

Ensure you support the game by purchasing a valid copy of GTA V which will surely provide a cash cow to the production of GTA VI in the future. Lets hope the gap between development drops to a smaller margin in the meantime.

GTA V is available to pre-order now and will be released across all the best platforms on September 17, 2013. Make sure you check out the GTA Online Video before you disappear.

For those skeptical that this is a fake, can I just say that I already have the complete download as proof. I am an Xbox Live Ambassador and it would be totally wrong to actually play the game. I have investigated this as a journalist not as a hacker. The point is, there is several GTA V files showing up which are downloadable. Newshosting.com run signature checks similar to Youtube which they have passed. The LINK below is the client on Newshosting and I have reported on the subject in a manner befitting a news poster. It's there so it's news.

If anybody posts any spoilers in this thread I will personally hunt them down and use a hacksaw to remove their testicles.

In that case,

There has been a list of Xbox achievements online which shows off some pretty fucking awesome details about what you can do on the game. Nothing connected with the story line though, but a spoiler nevertheless.

Thankfully I don't particularly care about getting every achievement in games so wouldn't have thought to look them up in the first place.

Edited by Dave

I know this is "just a game" and all that, but I don't think I've ever read something like that for any game in the past and been so absolutely sure that this will be as good as I think it will be. Of course, it could be absolute shite, and fall on its arse in a massive way, but that isn't really Rockstar's style. This will be absolutely streets ahead of anything for the foreseeable future if they nail everything they've talked about. Very good interview too - some good questions beyond just "wot can yoo do in the game lolz".

The negative though - I start a new job on the 16th. I am absolutely gutted about that. As far as I'm concerned though, social life is going to fly straight out the window for the next few months.

I think the last game Rockstar made that I felt was substandard was GTA3 about 10 years ago. 10 years with no failures is a pretty outstanding record and I cant see any way they would have let their standards slip.

GTA3 was fantastic!

Meh I wasnt keen, it felt old and clunky even at the time, before proper shooting mechanics had been invented. Even still, that means the streak is even longer for you :)