Grand Theft Auto V

When creating your character you literally build him from the genes up, you decide thier parents(social club members can have RDR's John Marston as the father) thier traits, such as what hobbies they like, how honest/dishonest they are etc.

Definetly making my guy proper old school with Marston as the genetic father. Fucking awesome.

When creating your character you literally build him from the genes up, you decide thier parents(social club members can have RDR's John Marston as the father) thier traits, such as what hobbies they like, how honest/dishonest they are etc.

Definetly making my guy proper old school with Marston as the genetic father. Fucking awesome.

I'm guessing we can get cracking with that just now then yeah?

The overview

•GTA Online is a persistent online world that will (initially at least) use the features, landscapes and mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

•Up to 16 players will be able to connect to the same gameplay session.

•Players can work together in co-op missions, take part in "ambient activity" or play more traditional game modes. As Rockstar puts it: "Go on your own or round up your friends to explore the open world together - catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more. Want to test the law? Knock over a convenience store, take down a gang or rob an armored truck for easy cash and Reputation."

•A number of jobs and missions will be available to play either solo or as part of a team.

•Vehicle races will feature, with Rockstar claiming players can experience "everything from classic street competition and off-road tracks to boat racing on the open ocean, or take to the skies in aerial events". A new race type called Rally is included, which sees one player as the driver and the other as the co-pilot.

•Golf, tennis and base jumping can be played with others in GTA Online.

•Players can create and customise their own GTA Online character, as well as customising their own cars and weapons caches.

•Every action performed in GTA Online earns the player Reputation, which is used to level their character up and unlock access to new items.

•Players can either earn money in-game to buy these new items, or spend real-life money on denominations of GTA$ to enable them to buy the items quicker. Despite this above, Rockstar assures: "The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don't have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode."

•Rockstar also warns that the launch may not go completely smoothly. "There will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises," it advises. "This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game - rest assured we'll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced."

•In the coming weeks, Rockstar will introduce the first of its regular content updates. These will include a Content Creator (for making deathmatches and races), a Beach Bum Pack (with four new vehicles, 300 new items of clothing and two new weapons), Capture The Flag mode and co-op Heists. These will all be free.

May get a chance to play it when I get home, but if not, should do tomorrow. I imagine today will be an absolute zoo, and the day most likely to have hilarious crashes. Rare that Rockstar are actually coming right out and saying that things will probably crash - not many companies would actively say that.

May get a chance to play it when I get home, but if not, should do tomorrow. I imagine today will be an absolute zoo, and the day most likely to have hilarious crashes. Rare that Rockstar are actually coming right out and saying that things will probably crash - not many companies would actively say that.

This is what makes rockstar one of the best, if not the best in my opinion.

This is what makes rockstar one of the best, if not the best in my opinion.

Yeah, they're certainly one of the better developers, but then the money that must be thrown at them is a big factor. But then they've only got that money by being very, very good at what they do. I don't think they've made any bad games really. This has the potential to tarnish them though, although it would take an absolutely massive clusterfuck of a mistake to do that.

Yeah, they're certainly one of the better developers, but then the money that must be thrown at them is a big factor. But then they've only got that money by being very, very good at what they do. I don't think they've made any bad games really. This has the potential to tarnish them though, although it would take an absolutely massive clusterfuck of a mistake to do that.

I disagree, I think the transparency they've shown combined with the ambition of the project will keep everyone onside no matter how broken it is. Every game has glitches and bugs, I'll gladly witness a couple of them for the chance to see a GTA mini-MMO

I disagree, I think the transparency they've shown combined with the ambition of the project will keep everyone onside no matter how broken it is. Every game has glitches and bugs, I'll gladly witness a couple of them for the chance to see a GTA mini-MMO

Yeah, I agree. My point wasn't that I was expecting them to fail, and that everyone would turn on them. Some probably will, but they're the ones who would complain whatever happened. I'm confident it'll be pretty good - there's going to be bugs, but with the 2 week buffer, and their usual attention to detail, I don't think they'll be too bad.