Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

We've not seen what the entire video says yet. So it may look dodgy, but could it be that it just looks like a suicide note as opposed to an "I'm a terrorist" note?

Terrific writing in this, that's for sure. I can see the daughter being more central to Brody.

Isn't it the video he made in the finale last season pretty much explaining why he was going to blow himself up? Unless it's been edited.

And to you, SLJ, I had avoided your spoilers so well until I quoted the post, and didn't realise spoiler tags disappear in that case...baws.

Since I will be in London early next week and will miss the usual chance to watch it on C4 with the missus, I acquired it elsewhere and watched it last night.

Spoilers ahoy...

I think the episode was more of a staging one rather than one filled with action. Brody's road trip left me a bit cold, especially with its ending. I understand that Nazirco (as I will now call the whole Abu Nazir and Company side of things) wanted the bombmaker safe so he couldn't be interrogated, but why not just kill him straight off the bat? Just seemed a bit contrived, which doesn't happen often. However, from the moment he did eventually kill him, it was masterful from Lewis in the way he is playing Brody. He genuinely looks broken, like the two sides of his life are crashing in around him.

Saul is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. He'll never get any of the acting gongs thanks to the bigger roles, but he is a fantastic character and brilliantly played.

One thing that is striking me about the whole series is how well the characters are all defined and how you can have sympathy for pretty much any of them. There's Brody, who clearly believes in what he's doing, but doesn't think he's a terrorist. He has loyalty to the man he sees as his saviour. You feel sorry for Saul because his platonic love for Carrie and his job have driven a wedge between him and his wife, leaving him all alone, watching Carrie spiral into madness. You feel sorry for Mike, Brody's buddy, for clearly loving his wife but having too much respect to do anything about it. And you feel sorry for his wife for many things. And Carrie...where do you start? I can't remember Danes being so good in anything else, but she's getting better all the time. My missus made a good point that it's good to see a realistic female character with flaws that isn't the usual gun-toting, smoking-hot FBI agent who is so-much-better-than-any-man-girlfrien' (Fringe, Internal Affairs, Rizzoli and Isles etc etc). She's totally right.

As for where it goes from here, it's quite a ballsy move to reveal so much so soon. I thought it was standard 24 fare to kill off Saul once he knew the truth, thus sending everyone back to square one, but now Carrie knows, and looks like Estes does too in ep 4. How much evidence do they really have though? Estes already knows most of the stuff against the VP, but did Brody say anything truly incriminating in the tape? Did he say he was going to blow himself up? Or was it all implied?

Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Ooft.

Damien Lewis would be a decent Bond?

Discuss!

nah ,can't see it ,a great actor and is perfect in the role of Brody but doesn't have the hard and smooth mix you need to be a good Bond, probably why Lazenby and Dalton dodn't quite hack it, funny enough he might make a good villan though.

Interesting turn at the end. Didn't think they'd pull the trigger quite so early on that. Although it's clear he won't be in that situation for long. It was the best episode of the season yet. The gameplay between Brody and Carrie was fantastic. Brody at the end was really sinister and there was a genuine sense of "what the f**k is going to happen here?!" with it.

Interesting turn at the end. Didn't think they'd pull the trigger quite so early on that. Although it's clear he won't be in that situation for long. It was the best episode of the season yet. The gameplay between Brody and Carrie was fantastic. Brody at the end was really sinister and there was a genuine sense of "what the f**k is going to happen here?!" with it.

Aye its always something they've done well keeping you thinking what could possibly happen next

Episode 4:

So they've now got Brody in captivity. What next? I think he'll be used as a political pawn to find out information about attacks on the USA. Serious shit's about to go down. Will it be totally covered up or is his family about to break apart, just as his daughter's about to get pumped rotten off the VP's kid.

Was very brave/foolish of Carrie to go and near enough get a confession from him. Did they even have sound in the room? unsure.gif

The season, as a whole, has me gripped and gagging for more. If it had been a few season's further down the line it'd have been higher in the PnB top 50.

Reminder: If you quote my post, in response, it will "reveal" the spoilers and they do pretty much ruin the episode, in terms of content. Since it happened to someone last week.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag