Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I am giving serious consideration to doing the Barbenheimer double bill

I'll definitely be doing this. The only question is which one to see first.

6 hours ago, MSU said:

I'll definitely be doing this. The only question is which one to see first.

Barbie probably more likely to have hellish audiences in the early weeks so I'll be waiting a wee bit before seeing that. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Barbie probably more likely to have hellish audiences in the early weeks so I'll be waiting a wee bit before seeing that. 

I was thinking Barbie in an early showing when our local cinema is quiet usually, for that reason, and then Oppenheimer in the afternoon / early evening. Or is it better seeing Oppenheimer in the early evening and then a late showing of Barbie? Tough decisions.

I guess I'm the only one getting sick of "toy discovers the human world it unknowingly lives within" films. I was just reminded that there'd been a Playmobil film that nobody went to see, so looked up the plot and it's the inverse "humans discover that toy world is actually REAL!"  :rolleyes:

Anyone else manage to completely miss that a Playmobil film had been released? Not a single ad, review, or cinema marquee noticed.

5 hours ago, BTFD said:

I guess I'm the only one getting sick of "toy discovers the human world it unknowingly lives within" films. I was just reminded that there'd been a Playmobil film that nobody went to see, so looked up the plot and it's the inverse "humans discover that toy world is actually REAL!"  :rolleyes:

Anyone else manage to completely miss that a Playmobil film had been released? Not a single ad, review, or cinema marquee noticed.

I will admit that the trailer I saw yesterday for Barbie showed snippets of the real world which I'm much less interested in, but gotta have faith in the talent involved. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 23:08, MSU said:

I was thinking Barbie in an early showing when our local cinema is quiet usually, for that reason, and then Oppenheimer in the afternoon / early evening. Or is it better seeing Oppenheimer in the early evening and then a late showing of Barbie? Tough decisions.

I've heard that Oppenheimer doesn't leave you in the mood for anything like Barbie afterwards, I'll be leaving them for separate days and after the crowds die down. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've heard that Oppenheimer doesn't leave you in the mood for anything like Barbie afterwards, I'll be leaving them for separate days and after the crowds die down. 

Yeah, Mrs MSU wanted to see Oppenheimer and then Barbie so that's what we did. I don't recommend it. Almost six hours in the movies what with the trailers and everything is a decent ask, but I ended up barely paying attention to Barbie for the first twenty minutes or so as I was still thinking about Oppenheimer. I'd recommend the other way round and I'd also recommend putting some time between the two.

Never really thought people would actually go for both in one day, seems a bit heavy.

Going for the sensible option to see them over two weekends. Means I can give myself enough time to recover from the existential crisis and depressive thoughts about death from last night's showing so as to fully enjoy Oppenheimer next week.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How many times did you check that second sentence to make sure you had put in the comma?

What's spooky as f**k is that as soon as I posted this, my P&B page has become one big advert for the movie. Both sides and the top have Jason Statham on a jet ski escaping a bunch of teeth. 

• 2 weeks later...

This one might not be to everyone's cup of tea but I saw it mentioned on the BBC website a couple of days with Anthony Hopkins starring as Nicholas Winton in One Life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66439471

The back story to this one Winton assisted in the rescue of 669 children, most of them Jewish, from Czechoslovakia on the eve of World War II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Winton

I'd seen the clip on That's Life from 1988 where he's sat amongst 77 of the people he rescused after he passed away in 2015.

Incredible story now being told on the big screen due for release in September!

Edited by greendot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm most interested in seeing Furiosa this year.

IMO Mad Max: Fury Road was the best action movie ever made. This one will have it's work cut out to be as good but George Miller is helming again so every chance it will be.

The trailer is being panned a bit for being CGI-heavy. I remain unperturbed, it'll be a blast.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Scott and i will be watching this.

They'll have missed a trick if the redneck guy with the tache isn't called Tim.

I'm not watching the trailer again to find out, but I swear there was a part where some lassie was running along with a couple of rabbits hanging off her tits.

• 2 weeks later...