Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

by the way, if EBTs were legal then I have no massive problem with them...

I am more worried about the bills the oldco didn't pay, yet have got away with by starting up a phoenix club

They were legal in that nobody is going to jail.

Rangers however, failed - as things stand - to operate theirs successfully.

The result is that they owed more tax than they could ever pay.

They were legal in that nobody is going to jail. Rangers however, failed - as things stand - to operate theirs successfully. The result is that they owed more tax than they could ever pay.

I know they played a major part into their eventual death, but what I am asking is what happened to the money owed to HMRC after Whyte took over?

Whyte bought Rangers for £1, but I doubt he spent a penny more on paying the bills, and it seems likely he was used as a pawn to deliberately and conscientiously run Rangers into liquidation, and subsequent debt/guilt free resurrection.

Again, I have not been following the whole saga too closely, so apologies if going over old ground

Clonmel Bhoy, on 10 Mar 2016 - 21:41, said:

It was Nov 2012.

Makes no difference it is the new Rangers.

When an announcement is made, it is made by Rangers International Football Club.

They're Rang2rs.

Nacho the horrible little oik is correct here.

RIFC are indeed the holding company, and RFC (formerly known as Sevco Scotland) are the new club. Rang2rs, as you put it.

it clearly isnt as every court case has stated

Here is the UKs biggest Accountancy sites view...

"This latest ruling by three judges at the Court of Session upholds HMRC's position and renders the EBT arrangement illegal.

The appeal was heard by Lord Carloway, sitting with Lord Menzies and Lord Drummond Young."

Oh dear ...illegal .

Edited by THE KING

by the way, if EBTs were legal then I have no massive problem with them...

I am more worried about the bills the oldco didn't pay, yet have got away with by starting up a phoenix club

are you worried about the bills dundee, motherwell, hearts etc didnt pay or is it just rangers?

I know. It makes no difference Rangers 1872/3 are deed, everyone apart from Rang2rs fans know this.

so you did make a complete arse of it, glad you finally admitted it ;) everyone apart from the most bitter and stupid scottish football fans knows rangers survived as all the evidence backs this

as for the ednburgh gazette stuff if you have an argument to make, make it, otherwise stop wasting my time

Edited by nacho

Here is the UKs biggest Accountancy sites view...

"This latest ruling by three judges at the Court of Session upholds HMRC's position and renders the EBT arrangement illegal.

The appeal was heard by Lord Carloway, sitting with Lord Menzies and Lord Drummond Young."

Oh dear ...illegal .

its a news article by a by an accountant on that site not the official view of that site. hope that helps, added to that there is nothing illegal about them

hers bates weston explaining it

Anti avoidance regulations and Employee Benefit Trusts Taxpayers can legally avoid tax, arranging their affairs to minimise their tax liability within the law.

It should not be confused with tax evasion which is the illegal non-payment of tax.

http://www.batesweston.co.uk/services/taxation/anti-avoidance-regulations-and-ebts

its a news article by a by an accountant on that site not the official view of that site. hope that helps, added to that there is nothing illegal about them

hers bates weston explaining it

Anti avoidance regulations and Employee Benefit Trusts

Taxpayers can legally avoid tax, arranging their affairs to minimise their tax liability within the law.

It should not be confused with tax evasion which is the illegal non-payment of tax.

http://www.batesweston.co.uk/services/taxation/anti-avoidance-regulations-and-ebts

But tax wasn't legally avoided in this way.

you made an arse of the first one didnt you :lol: ignoring it just proves that i was right, ill repeat it and give you another chance

nope you didnt thicko, the Rangers International Football Club ltd was set up in december 2012 as a holding company, if you are attempting to argue that the club /company are one and the same then the rangers football club ltd would be the company you are referring to, admit it you made an arse of it, or perhaps you have a new and amazing argument you would like to provide showing that we were formed in december 2012?

if you have a point to make about the edinburgh gazette state your case with a link, i know what it is

And when was the holding company for the previous club/company set up?  You know?  The one that went bust in 2012.  Incorporated in 1899.  Unincorporated when?

Monkey Tennis' last post yesterday at 22.32, subject matter - Rangers.

Monkey Tennis' first post this morning at 07.19, subject matter - Rangers.

Goes to his bed thinking about Rangers, wakes up thinking about Rangers.

Yes, mate.

I'm definitely the one emerging from that post as a weirdo.

Nacho the horrible little oik is correct here.

RIFC are indeed the holding company, and RFC (formerly known as Sevco Scotland) are the new club. Rang2rs, as you put it.

So, if and when the money runs out again, which one goes bust?  Is it RIFC or RFC or both?  And if RFC die, would that be them dead for good this time?

I just wonder how often you can try to separate club from company.

Hardly forensic style investigatory work MT.

Couple of quick clicks of the mouse and I had the evidence which damns you as an insufferable, Rangers obsessed, bore.

When's your day off?

Rangers obsessed since the turmoil began, I'll give you. I have no problem admitting it.

I don't take days off from such a noble calling.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The turmoil is over, why don't you go home?

CcxmeNEW4AAH-wU.jpg

He's an average but unproven manager who has brought a bit of order to the chaos of the previous incumbents.  I can understand why he looks like a star manager to you but you're comparing him to a pretty low baseline.

He's an average but unproven manager who has brought a bit of order to the chaos of the previous incumbents.  I can understand why he looks like a star manager to you but you're comparing him to a pretty low baseline.

Well, to be fair, days of Alex Fergusons coaching in the Scottish league are gone, an average muffin by global standards is all you need right now. I wouldn't mind an average one for my club.

Edited by Nakamura