Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

tno problem, thanks for taking the time to select various quotes out of context with no sort of an explanation ;)

You genuinely can't see what links all those quotes?

The material you've sent on seems sensible enough by the way regarding the licence stuff - I didn't realise people were arguing about that.

However can you explain why the word 'club' is used throughout that article? A long standing claim throughout this thread is that club and company were synonymous until it suited Rangers fans to separate them. Youve never once (to my knowledge) acknowledged that.

Yes you can argue that they *shouldn't* be the same and that people have it wrong, but at least acknowledge that all and sundry regarded (and continue to regard, going by that article) club and company as the same. If you cannot concede the blatantly obvious then you've got a bit of a cheek expecting others to concede ground on anything you say.

What does amaze me is an article in 2016 by a Rangers fan that continues to use the word club in relation to financial matters. You guys can't have it both ways.

What does amaze me is an article in 2016 by a Rangers fan that continues to use the word club in relation to financial matters. You guys can't have it both ways.

But they are the peepul, surely they can have it any way they want. And besides, no-one likes them but they don't care.

The material you've sent on seems sensible enough by the way regarding the licence stuff - I didn't realise people were arguing about that.

However can you explain why the word 'club' is used throughout that article? A long standing claim throughout this thread is that club and company were synonymous until it suited Rangers fans to separate them. Youve never once (to my knowledge) acknowledged that.

Yes you can argue that they *shouldn't* be the same and that people have it wrong, but at least acknowledge that all and sundry regarded (and continue to regard, going by that article) club and company as the same. If you cannot concede the blatantly obvious then you've got a bit of a cheek expecting others to concede ground on anything you say.

i scanned it looking for an argument about res 12, I should have realised we were heading for another turgid, unprovable and pointless new club bullshitefest, as for an explanation of why club is used, i'd imagine its there as the company is the legal persona of the club so club/ company can be used interchangably while not being the same thing as they are closely associated with each other.

it is a long standing claim on this board that club and company are the same thing which can easily be disproved by pointling out that plenty of clubs before rangers newcoed while remaining the same club, hearts in 1905, leeds, luton etc you all considered them the same club and then changed your mind in 2012, something which none of you have ever acknowledged, as already pointed out there are various sources pre cva rejection that show club and company are separate entites, here they are below, also something that you have never acknowledged,

here’s a quote from an  STV article from 2011 outlining what would happen if the Olcdo was liquidated, it’s very clear according to that rangers would survive and be the same club. This proves that the information was freely available before liquidation and it wasn’t some myth created after the event.

“There is an alternative for football clubs. As was the case in England with Leeds United, the insolvent company can create a "phoenix" club and attempt to transfer every part of the club to a new business, leaving behind the debt.â€

Source

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/277115-what-happens-when-a-club-in-administration-sets-up-a-phoenix-company/

Here’s what duff and Phelps had to say at the start of April 2012 before the CVA failed, once again clear the club would survive liquidation.

"We cannot rule out the winning bid could prefer a different structure that meant the sale of the business to a new company and in that eventuality it is certainly possible that Rangers would be liquidated," co-administrator Paul Clark told a number of newspapers. "But it would only be done so after the football club was made safe."

Source

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/311940/Liquidation-a-possibility-for-Rangers

High Court Judge Lord Glennie is clear that club and company are separate. "This is a petition for judicial review by the Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration. That company presently operates Rangers Football Club (to whom I shall refer as "Rangers").

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH%2095.html

it amazes me that you still dont understand in 2016 that club can be used in relation to financial matters to save going into some pointless explanation of the differences between club and company.

Edited by nacho

i scanned it looking for an argument about res 12, I should have realised we were heading for another turgid, unprovable and pointless new club bullshitefest, as for an explanation of why club is used, i'd imagine its there as the company is the legal persona of the club so club/ company can be used interchangably while not being the same thing as they are closely associated with each other.

nacho admitting he can't disprove he supports a new club.

and he led us to believe he had evidence.....

one small step...........

Rangers 1872 died. We watched them die in the early months of BRALT. 

Can't see anywhere in the voluminous diatribe that proves Campbell Ogilvie knew nothing about the EBTs (of which he was a beneficiary) which I took as the thrust of the TOG article.

I like how the blog says "he's not a rangers hater and therefore is alright" or words to that effect. IMHO not being a rangers hater is simply acceptance of cheating, theft and sectarian hatred and being a Rangers-CondonerTM  is on a par with holocaust denier or rapist apologist.

Oh that's a sore one to take for our wee Nacho. But you can almost predict Bennett's response before he even bothers.

I'm going to suggest some playing the man rather than the ball will follow.

You really do hate reading stuff, don't you?

If you want to waste your time then fire right in.

Resolution twelve is the result of 'laymen' with too much time on their hands who lack the experience and skills to properly understand the complex legalities.

it is a long standing claim on this board that club and company are the same thing which can easily be disproved by pointling out that plenty of clubs before rangers newcoed while remaining the same club, hearts in 1905, leeds, luton etc you all considered them the same club and then changed your mind in 2012, something which none of you have ever acknowledged

I've failed to acknowledge nothing in relation to those other clubs.

I'm perfectly comfortable with the idea that other clubs have been liquidated, meaning that any sense of continuation is murky and indistinct.

So it was with Middlesbrough, who sported a badge with '1986' on it for a few years.

I've been more animated on the subject of Rangers though, on account of being Scottish.

If it makes you happier however, to have me say Luton are kinda old/kinda new too, then I'll say it. Not a problem.

If you want to waste your time then fire right in.

Resolution twelve is the result of 'laymen' with too much time on their hands who lack the experience and skills to properly understand the complex legalities.

I'm not particularly interested in Resolution 12 myself. It just amuses me that you're instinctively so dismissive of certain things and you therefore refuse to engage with them altogether.

It's not been that successful a strategy for Rangers fans, has it?

I'm not particularly interested in Resolution 12 myself. It just amuses me that you're instinctively so dismissive of certain things and you therefore refuse to engage with them altogether.

It's not been that successful a strategy for Rangers fans, has it?

Engage with the resolution twelve mob?

And folk say that you don't have a sense of humour.

I've failed to acknowledge nothing in relation to those other clubs.I'm perfectly comfortable with the idea that other clubs have been liquidated, meaning that any sense of continuation is murky and indistinct.So it was with Middlesbrough, who sported a badge with '1986' on it for a few years.I've been more animated on the subject of Rangers though, on account of being Scottish.If it makes you happier however, to have me say Luton are kinda old/kinda new too, then I'll say it. Not a problem.

And I'll say the same if it helps the healing process. Damn Luton Town, Middlesbrough, Hearts and whoever else I need to kind-of condemn.

If Rangers win the title next season I will regard it as 54+1. But Celtic are soon going to overtake Rangers for the number of consecutive titles gained without being liquidated (against their will) along the way.

Edited by BinoBalls

Cheerybye to the diddies hero that is fat mike

Of course now the usual retort of how fat mike was actually a good thing for rangers will come to the fore

Which diddies gave Mike hero status?

nacho admitting he can't disprove he supports a new club.

and he led us to believe he had evidence.....

one small step...........

Rangers 1872 died. We watched them die in the early months of BRALT. 

learn to read, i state the new club case is unprovable as you have zero credible evidence to support it, hope that helps