Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, which is why I was at pains to qualify it when doing so.

Seriously, is it a comprehension issue, or are you just being wilfully daft?

Keep comparing Rangers with something really negative, i get it well enough Cletus, just in this case it's rather scummy.

Mikey bringing religion into fitba again, the P's and Ds once again lacking class.

Unfortunately the two go hand in hand in Scottish football and your supporters show themselves up on a regular basis.

I wouldn't expect an armchair supporter that watches his team on the telly to have any idea about the Rangers support however.

I don't think so. Ashley has to distance himself from all his Rangers stock now due to English football league rules. King has him where he wants him. Ashley cannot go toe to toe with King on anything to do with Rangers or he will lose his stakeholdings at Newcastle.

A very well played move by King.

I don't believe it's as clear cut as that.  As I said before, I think he may be forced to give up his shares in club/company but, if SDI were forced to give up its merchandising deal, then where would that leave Adidas, Nike etc?  They all have commercial deals with multiple clubs and no one is suggesting they should focus on one club at a time.

I'd worry about your own club before anyone elses, especially if the rumours that administrators will be getting the keys to Tannadice any week now.  Still at least you'll have a season of empty stands and your Edinburgh Hibs brothers to look forward too.

Why did nobody warn us?

And that's 'to', not 'too'.  I blame it on the years of Tory education.

The Rangers board feel there was a clear conflict of interest when this deal was put in place, the deal certainly does not benefit Rangers as it should, replacing it with something else is the right thing to do.

You can't annul a deal just because it no longer suits, even if it's a pishy deal (https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/news-events/blog/interpreting-contracts-no-rescue-bad-bargain/).  

If Green was authorised to sign the contract, a conflict of interest wouldn't be a defence - you do understand how business works?  It's full of self-interested deals - Rangers needed ready money to survive and Ashley offered a deal.

You should be able to get it annulled if the signatories weren't authorised to sign though.  

I don't think so. Ashley has to distance himself from all his Rangers stock now due to English football league rules. King has him where he wants him. Ashley cannot go toe to toe with King on anything to do with Rangers or he will lose his stakeholdings at Newcastle.

A very well played move by King.

I agree that Ashley is now on the back foot.

I'd contend though that in terms of his latest difficulty, Sam Allardyce did more to bring it about than King.

The board are obviously working to get out of it.

You can say they can't this and you can't that, truth is that neither of us have a clue what is possible.

You've changed your tune, shockeroonie, from contract ripped up to "board working to get out of it".

The board are obviously working to get out of it.

You can say they can't this and you can't that, truth is that neither of us have a clue what is possible.

I'd say you're half right...

You can't annul a deal just because it no longer suits, even if it's a pishy deal (https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/news-events/blog/interpreting-contracts-no-rescue-bad-bargain/).  

If Green was authorised to sign the contract, a conflict of interest wouldn't be a defence - you do understand how business works?  It's full of self-interested deals - Rangers needed ready money to survive and Ashley offered a deal.

You should be able to get it annulled if the signatories weren't authorised to sign though.

I wonder if Rangers have A. Had their legal advisors going over this or B. Just decided to do it for a laugh?

Right now the general isn't the strongest of positions, hounded by the politicians and journalists south of the border, falling foul of Football league rules regarding dual interests....

I wonder if Rangers have A. Had their legal advisors going over this or B. Just decided to do it for a laugh?

Right now the general isn't the strongest of positions, hounded by the politicians and journalists south of the border, falling foul of Football league rules regarding dual interests....

I vote B.