Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hi, Sunderland fan in peace here.

What's the view of Martin Bain, our new CEO?

I'd have assumed he was banned from having anything to do with football. Evidentially not.

For further details, please see the final ten years in the life of Rangers.

In short... oh crumbs.

Once Murray stepped aside Bain seemed less inept but overall he was pretty hopeless.

I just hope your chairman has a big cheque book..  Martin likes sunbeds and spending other people's money.

I should have added - well done in relegating the black and white scum.  Sunderland fans will always find pals on The Big Thread.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Tedi, I ran this piece through a plagiarism checking program. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-record-fc-shameful-hampden-8022425#k4MvTudaseKA3cPE.97

Either a blogger called Jonny is 95% likely to be robbing your ideas or you are called Jonny and you write a blog.

Does Beeny know you are a 'blogger lol' [sic]?

Edited by stonedsailor

When reading that blog I thought, that c**t posts on pie and bovril

:lol:

Wizzy, it could be any of we regular Bears.  I loved this bit:

The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority.

On the money Tedi.  Imagine the cheek of the prepositionally challenged trying to hand out morality lessons.  The diddies like crisps on a roll (see thread) and don't even blink when laughed at.

I just hope your chairman has a big cheque book..  Martin likes sunbeds and spending other people's money.

I should have added - well done in relegating the black and white scum.  Sunderland fans will always find pals on The Big Thread.

Thank you! Gotta say I smiled a bit, but not much because let's face it we're shite, only started playing football with 4 games to go. Still, survival means the chance to run the place like a proper football club, which is why I think we're all a bit 'meh' about Bain.

Edited by Blondie2005

Thank you! Gotta say I smiled a bit, but not much because let's face it we're shite, only started playing football with 4 games to go. Still, survival means the chance to run the place like a proper football club, which is why I think we're all a bit 'meh' about Bain.

There are some interesting parallels though, chap.  We played some absolutely beautiful football and were, arguably, the best team in Europe when wee Dick was managing the team and Bain was writing someone else's cheques.  Watching us systematically destroy Parma in a hopping Ibrox is a highlight of my supporting life.

But it wasn't sustainable - and I doubt the appointment of Bain will help Sunderland's sustainability.  You need a dour bean-counter.

Not me, but the author does seem to have a good grasp of what it means to be a Rangers hating P and Ber

'The relentless message, drilled by the veritable insane asylum of anonymous twitter obsessives and crusading ‘journalist’ bloggers'

Oh of course I didn't mean the author was actually you - but he certainly has plugged in to the mentalness of the diddy posters.

Wizzy, it could be any of we regular Bears. I loved this bit:

The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority.

That was the best line, but I'd imagine that the one about "Not everyone are angels" had us sharing a wince. Edited by Monkey Tennis

There are some interesting parallels though, chap.  We played some absolutely beautiful football and were, arguably, the best team in Europe when wee Dick was managing the team and Bain was writing someone else's cheques.  Watching us systematically destroy Parma in a hopping Ibrox is a highlight of my supporting life.

But it wasn't sustainable - and I doubt the appointment of Bain will help Sunderland's sustainability.  You need a dour bean-counter.

That's what I reckon. I'm a bit of a geek about football administrators (!) and would have liked Rob Elston (Everton) or Gareth Rogers (Southampton) - both bean counters but know what's what in a club. Not sure of Ellis Short's tolerance of being disagreed with. I don't doubt for a minute his heart is in the right place and he's desperate for the club to do well but you can't make a business successful without allowing the people around you to give you advice and hear it. What I've learnt about Bain is that he stood up to Murray about the takeover to Whyte, but before that???

What I've learnt about Bain is that he stood up to Murray about the takeover to Whyte, but before that???

Not really - he does what's right for him.

Don't mind The Pixies btw.  They are harmless but 'devilishly tricky little blighters' as JK Rowling said.

The BRALT.  The sanest thread on P&B right now.  Whoever would have thunk it?

The 'upstairs forum' is going tonto about pitch invasions and collateral damage.  Norman is in high dudgeon about nothing as per.  Meanwhile, all is calm and amiable 'down here'.

Who fancies a game of draughts or cribbage?

The BRALT. The sanest thread on P&B right now. Whoever would have thunk it?

The 'upstairs forum' is going tonto about pitch invasions and collateral damage. Norman is in high dudgeon about nothing as per. Meanwhile, all is calm and amiable 'down here'.

Who fancies a game of draughts or cribbage?

It's only the sanest because you and I are in it. The moment we leave it'll descend into the seventh circle of hell again.

It's only the sanest because you and I are in it. The moment we leave it'll descend into the seventh circle of hell again.

:) you must be a mightily relieved man, big yin.  I had a serious wager with myself that The Bairns would do a number on you.  How's yer sphincter?

There are some interesting parallels though, chap. We played some absolutely beautiful football and were, arguably, the best team in Europe when wee Dick was managing the team and Bain was writing someone else's cheques. Watching us systematically destroy Parma in a hopping Ibrox is a highlight of my supporting life.

But it wasn't sustainable - and I doubt the appointment of Bain will help Sunderland's sustainability. You need a dour bean-counter.

When you say "arguably the best team in Europe", everyone assumes you mean at cheating, because it certainly wasn't at football.

When you say "arguably the best team in Europe", everyone assumes you mean at cheating, because it certainly wasn't at football.

Oh you cad!  Absolutely no one would ever have thought of making that joke.  I love the diddies' originality.